StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< >>Post Follow-up
solana314
3 posts
msg #82595
Ignore solana314
11/6/2009 1:49:08 PM

I would like to find a way to assign stocks a fundamental score based on PE Ratio, Return on Equity, etc using stockfetcher. Has anyone created a scan to do this? I trade mostly on technicals, but would like to look at a fundamental score before entering trades to factor that in also. Or add a list of top fundamental stocks to a watchlist and apply my technical scans to those watchlists, but I would rather not pay for a service such as IBD. I found a free service at MSN called StockScouter which I could use. http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/StockRating/srstopstocksresults.aspx?sco=10.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of free websites or a stockfetcher scan they use to give stocks an overall score based on fundamentals?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #82596
Ignore luc1grunt
11/6/2009 1:53:31 PM

try using finviz as a primary fundie screen and then SF for any specific TA needs/backtesting.

solana314
3 posts
msg #82598
Ignore solana314
11/6/2009 2:13:28 PM

Thanks the finviz.com site is very helpful for fundamentals.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82600
Ignore chetron
11/6/2009 3:05:43 PM

WHICH FUNDIES ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU?

solana314
3 posts
msg #82602
Ignore solana314
11/6/2009 3:59:22 PM

I am no expert on fundamentals. I was looking to create a scan saying if PE ratio is between these values then give it a value of 1, if debt to equity is less than this value then give it a value of 1. Then sum up the individual score to give it a total fundamental score. I guess I understood my fundmentals better then I might be able to create such a query. Here are some examples of how other sites have a overall fundamental score for the stock. I think it would be useful if stockfetcher could do something similar. These sites charge $40+/month.

http://www.investools.com/tradingTools/freeStocks.swim
http://www.edutradersoftware.com/images/FundScore.jpg

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82604
Ignore chetron
11/6/2009 4:39:21 PM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[
SET{VAR1,COUNT(PE BETWEEN 4 AND 15,1)}
SET{VAR2,COUNT(LONG TERM DEBT BETWEEN 1 AND 10000,1) * 10}
SET{VWHAT,VAR2 + VAR1}

ADD COLUMN VWHAT
ADD COLUMN LONG TERM DEBT
ADD COLUMN PE

VOLUME ABOVE 10000000
SORT COLUMN 5 DESCENDING

]

durgin
60 posts
msg #82730
Ignore durgin
11/9/2009 10:36:33 PM

The P/E data do not appear to be up-to-date -- looks like more than a year old.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Fundamental Analysis<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.