StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Gap Plays....Looking for methodology<< >>Post Follow-up
timfor
17 posts
msg #81133
Ignore timfor
10/15/2009 2:50:37 PM

Hello,

I have recently become quite fascinated with market gaps and was wondering if anyone has a developed, proven methodology or system that they've been successful with who would be willing to share it with me.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share on this.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81134
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/15/2009 2:57:06 PM

Try www.masterthegap.com. Lots of great info there.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #81145
Ignore Eman93
modified
10/15/2009 5:32:52 PM

This is for day trading gaps using stock stats to try and improve your odds...

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1001&tid=67236&qrid=

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81267
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/16/2009 3:34:27 PM

Eman has just directed you to the best gap strategy out there. Read it from start to finish before posting questions (actually, read it twice).

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #81279
Ignore tmanbone
10/16/2009 7:02:22 PM

http://www.tradethemarkets.com/public/main.cfm check out this link, Hubert Senters has a very nice gap trading methodology that can be reviewed in John Carter's book "Mastering the Trade"

timfor
17 posts
msg #81289
Ignore timfor
10/17/2009 4:07:51 AM

Thanks to all for your generous replies.

Kevin in GA...quick question for you specifically. Have you read, fully understood and implemented TRO's strategy? If so, would you be willing to answer any questions I may have about it? I look forward to your reply.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #81300
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/17/2009 1:52:15 PM

Kevin in GA...quick question for you specifically. Have you read, fully understood and implemented TRO's strategy? If so, would you be willing to answer any questions I may have about it? I look forward to your reply.

No. I am just starting to look at it myself. Can't day trade right now, but am interested in learning more about how to do it well if and when the time comes.

I am about to start paper trading it to see how it goes. If you have questions, ask TRO directly. That is wht I suggest you read the entire thread several times - most of your basic questions will be answered if you take the time to do this.

Kevin

I would be happy to TRY to answer your questions - just ask and people here will help.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #81312
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
10/17/2009 9:57:33 PM

Look at my thread FADING THE GAP STATISTICS.

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1002&tid=45054&qrid=&isiframe=

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Gap Plays....Looking for methodology<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.