StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Get price of last high without knowing when it occurred<< >>Post Follow-up
craze
3 posts
msg #115730
Ignore craze
10/7/2013 8:55:21 PM

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to add a column to my filters which indicates the percentage difference between the current price and the most recent high or consolidation. I will use this as the "reward" portion of my risk/reward ratio.

I have not entirely decided how to define this high/consolidation, but one way is that the MA(2) crossed below the MA(3).

I'll show you a chart so you can understand better.

http://imgur.com/N4Y4j5c

At the bottom there is a blue indicator for every time the MA(2) crosses below MA(3). As you can see, the last time this happened was around 8.30. I then want to get the 3 day high from that day, which is 8.40, where I (manually) drew the line.

So what I want is to automatically generate the price 8.40 from this chart, without knowing how many days ago this MA cross occured.

I tried using the days() function, but soon realised that I couldn't use the returned value from that for what I wanted anyway.
"High 3 day high VARIABLE days ago" doesn't work.

Do you see any way at all to generate the value 8.40 in this instance, without specifying a fixed amount of days (like "High 10 day high")? I want the value of the last high regardless of if it was 5 or 15 days ago.

Thank you.

craze
3 posts
msg #115738
Ignore craze
10/8/2013 9:22:20 AM

Isn't possible apparently. But I realised I can make columns with data for the last 15 days, then download the data and code the calculations myself. Not exactly simple, but I just want the result.

Implementation of "VARIABLE days ago" would be extremely easy though. Too bad.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Get price of last high without knowing when it occurred<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.