StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anybody read this book?<< >>Post Follow-up
skareem
23 posts
msg #101679
Ignore skareem
7/16/2011 11:54:25 PM

"Trade Like an O'Neil Disciple: How We Made 18,000% in the Stock Market" by Gil Morales and Chris Kacher ?

If yes, has anybody attempted to program the Pocket Pivot trading principle?
I am interested in testing this theory against the Stock Fetcher charts. I don't believe everything I read, as you can tell :)

S.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #101684
Ignore Eman93
7/17/2011 1:40:50 PM

No I haven't what are the basic parameters and I can try and build a screen..

four
5,087 posts
msg #101685
Ignore four
7/17/2011 1:47:03 PM

perhaps... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5J4UuA9xGY

wkloss
231 posts
msg #101686
Ignore wkloss
7/17/2011 1:57:41 PM

skareem

I read their book and I recently subscribed to their service. IMO, they are the real deal. I haven't traded it yet, partly because of personal reasons and partly because I'm not comfortable with market conditions. To trade their stock picks, you have to be near your computer most of the day. They aren't afraid to exit a position quickly if it goes against them and they don't give trades much room on the downside.They scale in to minimize risk.

I like their market timing model and intend to trade it. You can see its track record on their site. http://www.virtueofselfishinvesting.com/ They have an extensive Q & A section.

You probably could duplicate pocket pivots but I doubt you could duplicate their market timing model.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

Bill

jimvin
170 posts
msg #101688
Ignore jimvin
7/17/2011 11:23:05 PM

Check out amazon.com reviews; majority liked it (43 5-star ratings vs. 3 1-star); also some decent, insightful comments and a summary of the system they propose.

skareem
23 posts
msg #101689
Ignore skareem
modified
7/17/2011 11:39:18 PM

Thanks for the post!

Frankly, I belong to the camp that says "If it's too good to be true, then it is" in almost everything. I don't believe anything until I test it myself. Manily coz I believe everybody has his/her own personality and circumstances and whatever I understood has the right to be faulty coz it may not be applicable to me!

However, I have learned that impulse trading is not usually good. I tend to do trends more than market timing stuff. Patience is not something many people have but the market does so, one could end-up loosing pretty easily.

This study has some patience and does play a close 'song' to what I sing so I thought may be it we could program something here!?

Mind you, once it's out, it becomes obsolete!

I just checked their site and of course, like any other site, they highlight their plus side. I didn't see a negative? All red pluses?

If they are so successful, would they need a site for our sake? :)

wkloss
231 posts
msg #101690
Ignore wkloss
7/17/2011 11:52:55 PM

skareem

You can find pocket pivots here under technical indicators http://www.chartmill.com/stockscreener.php so its already out there. There's a whole lot more to this than just a filter.

Bill

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anybody read this book?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.