StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone else noticed this bug?<< >>Post Follow-up
maxreturn
745 posts
msg #41149
Ignore maxreturn
2/11/2006 8:54:21 AM

I would appreciate input from others on a very annoying problem that I've addressed numerous times with support. It gets "fixed" for a while and then the problem resurfaces. They've never given me a satisfactory answer as to why this continues to happen. Try running "show stocks where index is s&p 500". You'll find that only 478 stocks are returned! If you do this going back several days you'll get the same result!

One of primary reasons I use Fetcher is to calculate daily my own breadth indicators on the s&p 500 stocks. So it's important that I can count on the fact that there are 500 stocks each day that I'm running the calculations on.

Would appreciate feedback from others on this and encourage you to please e-mail support so this problem is fixed PERMANENTLY! Any reputable data service can maintain the accuracy of a database. I'm confounded as to why these guys can't.

tomb
267 posts
msg #41153
Ignore tomb
2/11/2006 1:04:09 PM

Hi,

We apologize that there are occasionally mismatches in the index you are interested in. We pull this data daily and occasionally there are errors in matching the data with our source.

We can not promise that this will not happen again and in cases such as this we recommend maintaining your own list via a watch list.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #41155
Ignore maxreturn
2/11/2006 4:09:51 PM

Tom, this is an unacceptable response. With all the technology you possess you are telling me that you cannot perform the simple daily function of insuring that there are 30 stocks in the down 30, 500 stocks in the s&p 500...etc? Please explain to me why this is not possible. This is what I pay you guys for. If you allow the phrasing "Index" and "Market" you very well should insure the integrity of the date returned.

tomb
267 posts
msg #41156
Ignore tomb
2/11/2006 5:18:10 PM

Hi Chuck,

We are sorry that you feel our response was not acceptable. Due to many factors, we can not guarantee that the index screens will always return the exact results you are looking for. Again, we appreciate your concern on this issue and will certainly do our best to maintain the data.

In the meantime, if you feel that we are not able to provide the integrity with respect to the index membership, we reiterate our suggestion that you maintain watch list(s).

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.

As an aside, just so we don't miss a comment or bug-report, please post your bugs in the "Comments..." forum section. We try to monitor all posts, but sometimes fear we might miss one!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Has anyone else noticed this bug?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.