StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help Interpreting GOOG's current Candlesticks vs Technicals<< >>Post Follow-up
the_trade123
107 posts
msg #95613
Ignore the_trade123
8/12/2010 9:31:46 PM

Hello all,
Could someone help me understand the current candlestick pattern for GOOG? the technicals indicate that the stock is headed down,. I was convinced till yesterday that GOOG is following technicals well, but today was a pretty good day with almost a 9$ run up intraday. This is very confusing. Moreover, since most of GOOG's ownership is institutional, it becomes even more difficult to interpret what will be the effect. Any comments? thanks
As always,
Trader

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #95619
Ignore alf44
modified
8/13/2010 8:28:17 AM

howzbout this ...

"The Market" was DOWN ... alot ... on Wednesday (day before yesterday) !

GOOG gapped DOWN yesterday (as did the overall Market) ... about 8 bucks from it's previous Close !

GOOG statistically fills DOWN Gaps about 74% of the time !

The Major Market Index ETFs ... ALL pretty much filled their respective Gap DOWNS yesterday !

I'm not seeing why you're puzzled by GOOG's price movement !

It just did pretty much exactly what "The Market" did ... and what it statistically does 74% of the time !

Regards,

alf44

the_trade123
107 posts
msg #95620
Ignore the_trade123
8/13/2010 10:10:26 AM

Thanks alf44 for the answers. I am More interested to know the near term trend (say 2 weeks) as i am not a day trader. I am purely looking at Daily candlesticks and technicals on the daily chart. Questions such as "whether it will move towards BB, and go out of BB and then spring back up into the band". In such a case it is bound to hit the UBB within a short period of time as I have seen with GOOG before...

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #95622
Ignore alf44
8/13/2010 10:51:59 AM

...whatever !

GLTY

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help Interpreting GOOG's current Candlesticks vs Technicals<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.