StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help needed with accessing weekly data properly .<< >>Post Follow-up
bankwalker
30 posts
msg #86870
Ignore bankwalker
1/23/2010 7:55:31 AM

Hello all.

It is Saturday morning and I need some coding help here.

I am unsure when and how the weekly data updates and whether I am accessing
it properly or not. Here is what I found so far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this displays the close of Friday 1/15/2010 as I expected

set{lwclose, weekly close 1 week ago}
and add column lwclose {lwclose}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these display the open/high/low/close of Friday 1/15/2010 - NOT as I expected

and add column weekly open {wopen}
and add column weekly high {whigh}
and add column weekly low {wlow}
and add column weekly close {wclose}

I was expecting weekly open to be the open of week 1/18/2010 thru 1/22/2010
I was expecting weekly high to be the highest high of week 1/18/2010 thru 1/22/2010
I was expecting weekly low to be the lowest low of week 1/18/2010 thru 1/22/2010
I was expecting weekly close to be the close of week 1/18/2010 thru 1/22/2010

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday was a holiday this week - could that be a factor ?

This line is also at the end of my code

chart-display is weekly

Any help accessing weekly OHLC properly would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #86872
Ignore chetron
1/23/2010 10:10:50 AM

THE WEEKLY DATA IS WRONG, PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE HOLIDAY. I AM SURE NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE ALL BETTER?

PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

bankwalker
30 posts
msg #86874
Ignore bankwalker
1/23/2010 11:07:28 AM

Thanks chetron. This leads me to a few more questions.

Do you suggest not using the weekly data at all this week and wait until next weekend?

If so, does that mean that the weekly data for this week is permanently corrupt
and not dependable for looking back in the future?

Is the weekly data stored in a separate table or is assembled on the fly from daily data?

Does this problem occur every time we have a holiday?

The answers to these questions may or may not be a show stopper for placing trades that
are identified by using of SF weekly data.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #86877
Ignore chetron
1/23/2010 1:38:59 PM

I DON'T BELIEVE THE DATA IS CORRUPT, IT IS NOT UPDATED COMPLETELY.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #86878
Ignore chetron
1/23/2010 1:46:28 PM

IF YOU USE WEEKLY INFO STATISTICLY, IE: 100 WEEKS OF DATA, 1 WEEK ISN'T SIGNIFICANT, THOUGH I WOULD RAISE MY STAT LINE UP TO 52%.

IF YOU USE WEEKLY INFO WEEK TO WEEK, YOU CAN NOT USE IT, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE IT.

GLTY

HTH

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help needed with accessing weekly data properly .<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.