StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with CMF in backtest - not showing up the right options!<< >>Post Follow-up
caa5000
2 posts
msg #111477
Ignore caa5000
2/18/2013 7:05:19 PM

Hello all,

I've been running into what appears to be bugs here and there with all sorts of random backtests... makes me seriously doubt this tool. Nonetheless, I keep on keepin' on.

I've built an excel spreadsheet for myself to analyze the significance of various indicators. Low and behold I simply count the amount of stocks which show a CMF less than -.1 ... simple. This amount adds up to 1097 records. I go to my phrase builder tool and throw in "and Chaikins Money Flow(21) below -.1"

A different set of stocks shows up! (1,363 in total!) Why would this not add up to 1,097? I am using CMF, 21 day period. I've triple checked the hell out of my records and I even notice the export from the larger filter (when I manually sort for CMF below -.1) it still show up at 1,097!

Test started on 2010-12-31 ended on 2012-12-31, covering 502 days

show stock where index is S&P 500
and close above 5
and open below low 1 day ago
and close below open
and MA(50) below MA(200)
and Chaikins Money Flow(21) below -.1

Only thing different between the larger filter and the specialized filter is the last line. But this somehow equates to a delta of about 300 extra stocks?

TIA!

caa5000
2 posts
msg #111512
Ignore caa5000
2/19/2013 11:47:03 AM

bump

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #111795
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/26/2013 1:28:36 PM

This is best answered by the SF staff, but what catches my eye is the first line - using only S&P 500 stocks will restrict you to 500 max (and running that exact filter syntax today highlights only 2 stocks that meet your criteria). Removing this requirement still only gives me 26 stocks total.

Not sure where your numbers are coming from - are you talking about stocks or trades? If it is trades, we would need to know your exit criteria to answer the question.

More info needed.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with CMF in backtest - not showing up the right options!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.