StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How do I scan stocks in two different industries ?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
kenzax
3 posts
msg #35731
Ignore kenzax
4/24/2005 5:37:32 PM

I tried to scan all stocks in a two different industries by using the following filter:
industry is air-courier or industry is coal
and it doesn't seem to work. Any clue?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #35780
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/27/2005 7:35:00 PM

Usually for testing numbers the following works to simulate OR LOGIC:

Fetcher[ SET{A, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL air-courier,1}
SET{B, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL coal,1 }
SET{C, A + B}
ADD COLUMN INDUSTRY
C EQUAL 1
]

But count is not working in this case... StockFetcher to the rescue!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36861
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/12/2005 9:06:28 AM

SF... did you see this?

tomb
267 posts
msg #36863
Ignore tomb
7/12/2005 9:11:01 AM

Hi,

Two of your "set{}" statements have errors; there is no closing paren with the count statements.

Tom

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36870
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/12/2005 1:17:52 PM

Fetcher[ SET{A, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL air-courier,1)}
SET{B, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL coal,1) }
SET{C, A + B}
ADD COLUMN INDUSTRY
C EQUAL 1
]

yields:

SET{B, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL coal,1) } Function(): internal of count did not evaluate: industry equal coal

Fetcher[
INDUSTRY EQUAL Coal
]

yields:

INDUSTRY EQUAL Coal Warning: Invalid classification

now what?

Can we see the STOCK FETCHER INDUSTRY filter code please?

tomb
267 posts
msg #36872
Ignore tomb
7/12/2005 1:43:07 PM

Hi,

You are correct, it is not possible to evaluate the sectors/industries as you indicate. We will look into adding this feature and will post an update when this available.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

powermob
19 posts
msg #41181
Ignore powermob
2/13/2006 6:57:09 PM

This seems similar to the question I posted today. Any progress yet on scanning with "or" type commands for selected industries?

yepher
359 posts
msg #41183
Ignore yepher
2/13/2006 7:14:03 PM

Here you go TRO try this:

Fetcher[
SET{A, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL 73,1)}
SET{B, COUNT(INDUSTRY EQUAL 57,1)}
SET{C, A + B}
ADD COLUMN INDUSTRY
C EQUAL 1
]

You can get the list of industry numbers from my page. Although I noticed Coal is missing.. I will fix that.

-- Yepher

powermob
19 posts
msg #41239
Ignore powermob
2/15/2006 11:50:41 PM

OK, since the SF sector classifications don't match the Dow Industry Classification Benchmarks, I attempted to determine which "sectors" your "industries" would fall under. I then tried to specify which "sectors" I wanted to search under by listing the applicable "industries". In the case of say Consumer Goods, I have over twenty "industries". Unfortunately, the logic used to do the search would not allow me to even use 4 industries in combination with my other set statements and search parameters. Any other helpful workarounds or progress on "or" statements. Alternatively, any chance SF will alter "sectors" and "industries" to fall in line with the Dow Classification Benchmarks so they could also be used with other systems that used this classification system?

craigk
24 posts
msg #41241
Ignore craigk
2/16/2006 3:09:13 AM

I read there is no standard for industries and sectors.
IBD and others have different sections. And things change Semi (SOX) did not exist 40 years ago. I Saw a "chart of the week"(free servce, I like free) in Jan 2005 that said "Marine transportation" was the biggest moving sector a 7% in a month. Marine transportation? cargo and oil tanks stuff. Did not even know that was a sector. Big Dividends in tanks now.
I am not a export though. (just started reading about trading last year with Toni Tuners book no short term trading)
Craig

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How do I scan stocks in two different industries ?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.