StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to draw a 0 line?<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #37163
Ignore glgene
7/29/2005 5:49:12 PM

Fetcher [/* CCI(25) Signal */
cci(25) is greater than 0
add column cci(25)
draw cci(25)
stock is etf]

What 1 line would I add so that the CCI(25), as drawn, has a bold face horizontal line at the 0 level?

GL Gene

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #37167
Ignore jclaffee
7/29/2005 10:57:40 PM

add TWO lines:

"and set{base,0}
and draw base on plot cci(25)"

Jim

glgene
613 posts
msg #37170
Ignore glgene
7/30/2005 10:03:14 AM

Jim,

Just what the doctor ordered. The 0 line in red makes it easier to see historical crossings of CCI(25). Thanks!

GL Gene

glgene
613 posts
msg #37175
Ignore glgene
7/30/2005 3:41:56 PM

Jim,

I tried to add a 2nd line -- RSI(14) to have a red line at the 50 level, and I got 0 results. Here was my coding --in addition to the CCI(25) red line at 0:

and set{base,50}
and draw base on plot rsi(14)

Don't know what I did wrong. As I said, I got 0 results. ???

GL Gene

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37176
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/30/2005 5:28:32 PM

and set{BASE2,50}
and draw BASE2 on plot rsi(14)

Looks like you were recalculating base.

That's why I usually have a number following the variable name when the names are similiar.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

glgene
613 posts
msg #37195
Ignore glgene
7/31/2005 5:59:28 AM

To: TheRumpledOne,

That did the trick! Thank you. Where does one learn scripting language for SF?

GL Gene

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37213
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/31/2005 7:21:33 PM

To: TheRumpledOne,

That did the trick! Thank you. Where does one learn scripting language for SF?

GL Gene

I have no idea...LOL!!

Seriously, the problem most people have with programming is twofold:

1) they don't know the solution on paper

2) they don't have a working knowledge of programming in general and the language they are programming in specific.

First, you must have defined the problem and designed a solution WITHOUT thinking about programming on paper.

Then you must implement that solution by programming it.

If you look at some of my first filters and compare them to the ones I posted today, it's like finger painting compared to oil painting. But that original RSI(2) < 1 is still hard to beat!!

Most of what I learned about SF was through trial and error. I must give thanks to StockFetcher support, Cegis and Yepher. They all have helped me more than once. And thanks to anyone else who helped me along the way that I may have forgotten.

To learn SF, I would say read the manual that Yepher created to see what's available... wish I had done that this past week because I would have found the A/D that I needed and wasting hours on.

Hope that helps.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to draw a 0 line?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.