StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to express that something has happened at least once?<< >>Post Follow-up
zehua
5 posts
msg #104880
Ignore zehua
2/8/2012 5:36:20 PM

Hi,
I am looking to express that in the past 5 days, Close is below the 9 EMA for at least once, and today close is above yesterday's high. Could anyone please help me with this syntax?

Thanks!

zehua
5 posts
msg #104882
Ignore zehua
2/8/2012 5:49:55 PM

The other thing I want is that within the past 5 days, there is at least one day when the low is above the 9 EMA. Could anyone please tell me how to write the screen for this?

heypa
283 posts
msg #104883
Ignore heypa
2/8/2012 6:08:43 PM

I think if you look at the available phrases you have an irreconcilable conflict.
resolution is beyond my limited ability.
Sorry couldn't help.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #104884
Ignore mktmole
2/8/2012 6:14:12 PM

Fetcher[SET{close_below9,count(close below ema(9),5)}
and close_below9 above 0
add column close_below9

SET{low_above9,count(low above ema(9),5)}
and low_above9 above 0
add column low_above9

close above high 1 day ago
draw ema(9)
sort by column 5 descending price above 1
average volume(17) above 350,000
]

mm

zehua
5 posts
msg #104887
Ignore zehua
modified
2/8/2012 7:34:33 PM

Thank you so much.
How about this one:
within the past 5 days, there is at least three consecutive days when the low is above the 9 EMA.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #104890
Ignore mktmole
2/9/2012 1:28:06 PM

Well you could start approaching this by using the same set+count example above. The vary the lookback days. ( so you would look for 3 consecutive days starting today, then one day ago and 2 days ago)
So in the 5 day range you would find: the 1st 3 consecutive days, the middle 3 and the last 3 days.
Then use the OR statement to show results for any of those 3 that are true.
give this a try !

mm

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · How to express that something has happened at least once?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.