StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IBD style flat bases?<< >>Post Follow-up
p0op0op
15 posts
msg #39304
Ignore p0op0op
12/3/2005 2:36:04 PM

I'm trying to develop a filter that screens for flat bases. Lenght in time, run-up, price do not matter at this point. Any have an idea of how to do this. One example of what I'm looking for is THOR. Prior to this weeks break out, it exibited a nice looking flat base.

thanks,

-C

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39347
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/4/2005 1:24:58 PM

What do you consider to be a FLAT BASE?

I looked at THOR's chart and am not sure of what time period you consider to be a FLAT BASE.

There are a few threads on SF that deal with FLAT BASES and BREAKOUTS. You may find a starting point there.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

p0op0op
15 posts
msg #39376
Ignore p0op0op
12/5/2005 7:06:59 AM

Sorry, I'm so used to looking at "Dailygraphs", I forgot they aren't the center of the universe. Kidding aside - I'm looking at a yearly chart, where each bar represents 1 day. THORs flat base (or horizontal channel) is approximately 24 bars/days long.

Specifically: I'd like the run-up to the flat channel to be 5-30 bars/days long, with approximately a 10% gain, then see the flat channel (flat base) either base sideway for 5-30 bars/days long or base slightly downward a couple of percent, 5-30 bars/days long. If it is possible to program volume dry-up during the flat channel, so much the better.

To me this sounds like a lot to ask, so I do appologize for the trouble. Thanks for your time.

-C

riggs
313 posts
msg #39392
Ignore riggs
12/5/2005 7:11:17 PM

p0op0op -

What did you think of the filter I mailed you? again, just curious....

RIGGS.

p0op0op
15 posts
msg #39394
Ignore p0op0op
12/5/2005 7:51:12 PM

Hi Riggs,

Thanks again for spending the time. I'm looking at it as I write. I'll get back to you shortly - thanks again.

-C

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #39682
Ignore JohnyYuma
12/20/2005 8:20:51 AM

There is another version of the Flat Base Breakout in this months TASC magazine - take it away
Thanks

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #39706
Ignore JohnyYuma
12/20/2005 11:28:51 PM

noted verbatim from the mag.

= Daily close for today is greater than maximum close over 60 days, starting yesterday
= Daily close for today is less than 50 days
= Daily close for today is greater than daily open for today
= Daily close for today is greater than or equal to 2
= Daily close for today is greater than daily close for yesterday
= 63-Day EMA of volume for yesterday is less than or equal to 500,000
= Daily volume for today is greater than or equal to minimum volume over 60 days (starting today) multiplied by 5
= Daily volume for today is greater than or equal to daily volume for yesterday, multiplied by 3

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IBD style flat bases?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.