StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IF YOU CAN FIND IT...ILL LEAVE SF FOR GOOD!!!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42002
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/14/2006 2:50:43 AM

Here's a great opportunity for the MIGHTY RIGGS haters to string me up by the neck and tie me to the end of a Chevy Silverado!

TheRumpledOne is losing his eyesight and can't seem to figure out what's "Divergence" and what's not.

He says...

********************************************************************************

Riggs:

"I understand divergence.. However, I don't think you do. You have yet to define divergence in your own words. You allude to "looking for a stock to show divergence". Even you own filter returns stocks that DO NOT have POSITIVE DIVERGENCE."

********************************************************************************

Now this is where it's gonna get fun! If any one SF member can find a SINGLE stock that DOESN'T show "Divergence" via RSI(2)in the last 2 trading days(3/9/06 & 3/10/06) of my filter, he or she will be responsible for sending THE MIGHTY RIGGS into permanent exile! That means I can never reply OR post in any of the SF forums ever again!

BUT! if you can't....then we all have to pitch-in to buy TheRumpledOne a paperback copy of "T/A for dummy's." And a free eye exam to his nearest community optometrist. Are you game? Then there's only one rule. Find a single stock on any of the two(2)offset dates of my divergence filter where RSI(2)is NOT showing divergence. That's it! That's all ya gotta do!

Offset Date # 1.

Fetcher[ close is above 20
close is below open
RSI(2)is above RSI(2)2 days ago
and RSI(2)is decreasing 1 day
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw EMA(13)
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
average volume(90)is above 100000
volume is above 100000
sort column 2 descending
offset 2 days

/* MP CCIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(14) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(14), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP CCIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column moval
add column wrval

adval is above 80
ccval is below 30
moval is below 30
wrval is below 30
]

Offset Date # 2.

Fetcher[close is above 20
close is below open
RSI(2)is above RSI(2)2 days ago
and RSI(2)is decreasing 1 day
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw EMA(13)
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
average volume(90)is above 100000
volume is above 100000
sort column 2 descending
offset 1 days

/* MP CCIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(14) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(14), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP CCIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column moval
add column wrval

adval is above 80
ccval is below 30
moval is below 30
wrval is below 30
]

There ya go members....How bad do you want it? I can think of a few of you that will be up all night PRAYING to find just one!

THE MIGHTY RIGGS.

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #42003
Ignore contrahawk
3/14/2006 3:46:44 AM

No prayer here but quoting from "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder, page 144:

"Class A bullish divergence -- prices fall to a new low while an indicator stops at a more shallow low than before. This is the strongest buy signal.

. . . . . . . . .

Class B bullish divergence -- prices trace a double bottom while an indicator traces a higher second bottom. This is the second strongest buy signal.

. . . . . . . . .

Class C bullish divergence -- prices fall to a new low while an indicator makes a double bottom. This is the weakest bullish divergence."

The first three issues returned by the first filter above were MDY, IVV and IWR. Each of these made a higher low on the signal day and RSI(2) made a higher low, too, in each case. This condition fails the definition of divergence given by Dr. Elder.

I did not go any deeper into the returns.

This filter may be a "super picker" but it is not offering any confirmation on the basis of bullish divergence of RSI(2).

Jim

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42005
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/14/2006 6:05:06 AM

Hey Avery! Did ya get all that? You better be taking notes!

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42004
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
3/14/2006 6:06:13 AM

Contrahawk -

You said....

"The first three issues returned by the first filter above were MDY, IVV and IWR. Each of these made a higher low on the signal day and RSI(2) made a higher low, too, in each case."

Where do you see "higher lows" on the signal day in MDY,IVY and IWR? They are LOWER LOWS sir. Take MDY, the first low was $139.08 on March,7th. On the "signal day", it was $138.81 on March,9th. So WHERE are you getting a "higher low" when CLEARLY it's a LOWER LOW? This then difines a "class A" divergence. It's "strongest signal." It's right there in black & white on page 144 of Dr. Elders book.

Next, IVY closed @ $128.50 on March, 7th. The "signal day" it closed @ 127.70 on March,9th while AGAIN, RSI(2)stops at a more shallow low. So again, where do you get a "higher low" on the signal day? You have your facts BACKWARD sir.

So this condition does NOT "fail" the definition of divergence given by Dr. Elder. But only passes with FLYING COLORS! So it's nothing more than "CONFIRMATION" on the basis of bullish divergence of RSI(2).

Also, look at the diagrams Dr. Elder offers on page 144. Then look at RSI(2)on my filter. ANYONE would agree they are the spittin' image of a "Class A divergence." "IT'S STRONGEST SIGNAL." So thank you for saying my filter is a "super picker," and CONFIRMING EVERYTHING I've been saying. But I know it's late where ever you are, but if I may say so....THINK B-4 YOU POST. But I do thank you again for bringing this out in the open and all it's "CONFIRMATION."

NEXT.......

- RIGGS -

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #42009
Ignore contrahawk
3/14/2006 8:31:40 AM

Where do you see "higher lows" on the signal day in MDY,IVY and IWR? They are LOWER LOWS sir. Take MDY, the first low was $139.08 on March,7th. On the "signal day", it was $138.81 on March,9th. So WHERE are you getting a "higher low" when CLEARLY it's a LOWER LOW?

MDY made its low for this move (to date) on 3-8 (138.22) so that the low of 3-9 (138.81) was a higher low by 59 cents. RSI(2) of MDY made its current low for the present move on 3-7 @ 5.27 so that the 13.96 value of 3-9 is a higher low.

IVV made its low for this move (to date) on 3-8 (127.37) so that the low of 3-9 (127.70) was a higher low by 33 cents. RSI(2) of IVV made its current low for the present move on 3-7 @ 9.96 so that the 15.96 value of 3-9 is a higher low.

IWR made its low for this move (to date) on 3-8 (90.96) so that the low of 3-9 (91.46) was a higher low by 50 cents. RSI(2) of IWR made its current low for the present move on 3-7 @ 5.11 so that the 19.49 value of 3-9 is a higher low.

Jim

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #42011
Ignore alf44
3/14/2006 10:45:42 AM

contrahawk is RIGHT !

BYE Julie...or, riggs...or, WallStreetBlowhard...or, whatever your name is today !!!

You made the offer...you were proved wrong...so...adios muchacho !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42012
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/14/2006 11:05:55 AM

Oh my god! Some people just don't get it....3-8 is NOT in the equation!!!! HELLO!!! Only 3/7 and 3/9 are. Again, HELLO!!!

- RIGGS -

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #42014
Ignore alf44
3/14/2006 11:12:02 AM

"Oh my god! Some people just don't get it."

-----------------------

Yes...apparently not !

Adios muchacho !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #42020
Ignore nikoschopen
3/14/2006 12:56:04 PM

There should be a DISTINCT peak and a valley for any technical indicator, be it divergence, head and shoulder, triangle, etc., to be counted VALID. In MDY, for instance, you might see higher high and higher low in RSI(2) but only lower low in the price without any intervening "lower high" -- in fact, they're all merely one series of lows. Hence, technically speaking, MDY ain't showing the classic price divergence. In sum, both you and Rumpie fail when it comes to TA.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42024
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/14/2006 2:39:52 PM

How do you figure I fail?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IF YOU CAN FIND IT...ILL LEAVE SF FOR GOOD!!!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.