StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IT WORKS!<< >>Post Follow-up
da-net
55 posts
msg #36557
Ignore da-net
6/29/2005 11:13:24 AM

I have only used the software for a very short time. I plagurized a filter written by JOHNNY YUMA and then customized it several times. The current filter version I paper traded several of the picks and felt that it was time to go live, so yesterday I took my first live position and closed it this morning with a 52.94% gain before commissions and such.

My current version still needs more tweaking as I have discovered that depending on how the order is established for the filtering lines yields different results.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36560
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/29/2005 4:23:40 PM

Way to go!

Now, share the filter with the rest of us.

da-net
55 posts
msg #36564
Ignore da-net
6/29/2005 6:43:15 PM

I will be more than happy to just as soon as I finish tweaking it for the best results. The order in which the filter statements are applied changes the results, plus I am still trying to get the exact timeframes within the statements to yield the best results. My current version yielded only two possible stocks for tomorrow, but one definitely looks wrong. The other I will do further study on tonite and possibly take a position tomorrow.

da-net
55 posts
msg #36586
Ignore da-net
6/30/2005 5:40:14 PM

I took both positions today after some additional research on both. The first one is still holding at my entry price, but the second I opened and closed today with a 27.9% gain. I suppose my filter and additional research need some help, since the first one has not moved. I will continue to hold the first for a bit longer.

costner
31 posts
msg #36832
Ignore costner
7/10/2005 11:43:42 PM

share it and maybe we can help with the tweeks.

da-net
55 posts
msg #36840
Ignore da-net
7/11/2005 12:00:50 PM

I FULLY EXPECT TO GET A LOT OF CRITICISM WITH THIS POST!

I have been considering posting my filter on the forum to possibly get some assistance with tweaking. However after reading more and more posts from forum users, I have arrived at the conclusion that this would be harmful.

My reasoning is that there are a lot of newbies or beggining traders on the forums and most have no desire to educate themselves. They only want a filter that will generate trades, similar to a trading advisory service. Other newbies seem to want to gamble, this I also do not want. My filter is simply a filter that generates a list of prospect trades that requires further study.

I would welcome a small group (under 10) including newbies to help with my filter through an email communication, but not on the forum. I have no desire to harm anyone so I would insist on rules like no live trading and the newbies must read and become educated. Those that wish to be comsidered can send me an email at dagroup@hotmail.com with filter tweaking as the subject.

BigOh
23 posts
msg #36854
Ignore BigOh
7/11/2005 10:40:27 PM

<<I FULLY EXPECT TO GET A LOT OF CRITICISM WITH THIS POST! >> Well you should. You start a topic and brag a little then insult other people by acting like your some kind of great teacher. I've seen you post in other areas talking about people not helping each other out and here you are. Good luck paper trading.

knowsenough
54 posts
msg #36855
Ignore knowsenough
7/12/2005 12:11:37 AM

This is Da-net's trading buddy...
He can't come out to play till he does his research. Please be patient. Deep in the outer reaches of code, beyond RSI(2) methodology, lies a filter, called the Mystery Tale. Once backtested...the holder is at wits to contain himself, and often vibrates like an overly-cappucino'd Beavis on anticipation of scoring. So please...give him a lil breathing room. He has seen the top of the mountain...and it is good.

da-net
55 posts
msg #36859
Ignore da-net
7/12/2005 8:58:41 AM

BigOh: Please accept my apology for what you perceived as bragging. My thinking was more of surprise. As to me being a “great teacher” I do not feel that way at all, especially considering I am attempting to correct my faults like the day I had that trade yield 29+%. I made lots of mistakes, the biggest one was exiting too early out of fear and leaving $900.00 on the table. As to helping people, my first desire is not to harm anyone. I look at giving something to new traders that might think or trade wrong with it similar to giving a child a loaded pistol. By the way if you reread the first post I went live then, no paper trading for me, but I refuse to let others as I do not want to have them loose their trading capital because of me.

Knowsenough: I did not realize I was fortunate enough to have a “Buddy”. As to whether or not I use RSI(2) as part of the filter…NO, I consider it far too risky. As to backtesting, I do not do it because I consider it a waste of time somewhat akin to watching reruns on TV. The people that are helping me are providing valuable research information that will aid in overcoming the inadequacies of my methods. The filter is but one part of what I am attempting to accomplish. Too many new traders loose money on bad ideas, “gurus”, promoters, gambling, tips, bad habits, and using screening technology like I did when starting out.

If either of you wish to join me in my research you are welcome to send me an email requesting same. I would welcome your help with the research.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #37032
Ignore rtucker
7/23/2005 4:33:18 PM

da-net:

This is not rtucker, it is his trading buddy.
I rank extemely high amongst the finest filter researchers in the country. I will be more than happy to optimize your filter just as soon as I finish tweaking the super-traders filter who I am presently working with. You know; the order in which the filter statements are applied, and, the exact time frames are indeed the key in yielding amazing returns.
Never-mind those veterans here who use simple filters and "just trade em".
Never mind those lurking in the background thinking, "I can spill that much whiskey" of your fabulous trading success . It was noble of you not to publish the "secret sauce". My trading buddy would certainly now be ruined with such an evolving, yet powerfull, weapon.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · IT WORKS!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.