StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · In Bears We Trust II<< >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59296
Ignore nikoschopen
1/24/2008 5:13:40 PM

As the cliché goes, buy the rumor and sell the news (ie. Fed rate cut) come next Tuesday, The market will be sorely disappointed by the Fed action, whatever that may be, and should crater in the aftermath IMHO. Remember, in a bear market, you ALWAYS want to sell into strength.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59399
Ignore nikoschopen
1/30/2008 5:06:21 PM

Now that the Fed obediently gave what the market wanted and the market subsequently sold off nonetheless, what should you do? Buy the dip and get floored by the bears or sell the bottom and get ran over by the bulls?

Here's my plan for tomorrow. Depending on how the futures trade overnight, we might see a bounce in the morning, however brief it might be. The S&P cash index ($SPX) could rally up to 1362-1365 range, at which point I would short like mad.

Speaking strictly by the script, I think we're on the cusp of a major market meltdown. The Fed can slash the rate down to zero and it would not be enough to save the economy. The overused and much abused phrase, "this time it's different", regurgitated by the market pundits, might be true after all. I'm of the belief that this recession will be qualitatively different from the previous 2000-03 recession or the 1990-92 recession. Not necessarily better either. Brace ureself for some turbulent times ahead.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · In Bears We Trust II<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.