StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting new site I stumbled upon .<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #137788
Ignore pthomas215
8/22/2017 10:26:04 AM

Dave, can you explain how you use them (i.e. I wait for crossover of x on y etc)

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #137792
Ignore davesaint86
8/22/2017 10:59:39 AM

No different than how Charting Wealth uses them. I look at it as trading a trend within a trend. Meaning wait for the Weekly to be at a buy and by the position. Sell and buy using the 2 day and or 4 hour as long as the Weekly stays at a buy. It's just buys a little faster and sells faster to make better gains that the PPO 10/24. I would like other opinions to make sure I'm not missing something. Also see my IRA Epstein strategy post. I added the 14/3/3 Slow Sto to my charts. It is considered embedded once the slow and fast lines stay above 80 three days in a row. Look at several charts of your favorite stocks or etfs and look what happens with it's embedded.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #137798
Ignore graftonian
modified
8/22/2017 2:11:12 PM

Dave, I added the SMI ergodic after you mentioned it a while back. I have been using W%R(40) for additional confirmation, however the SMI seems to do as well, if not better in this application.. I am using the 5-20-5 time frames. Check out HUN, waiting for a 2-day ppo cross. confirmed by smi. Also Je ON 8/15

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #137799
Ignore nibor100
8/22/2017 2:35:53 PM

@pthomas215

answering some of your earlier questions:

a. The Charting Wealth guy, TG, recommends using either the 4 hour chart or the 2 hour chart for trading triggers after both the weekly and 2 day charts have confirmed crossovers.

TG recommends not trading on the first trigger but to wait for a pullback and then enter your trade, as long as its after the first hour of trading day.

I've listened to quite a few of TG's archived videos and he does seem to bounce all over the place at times and makes many statements that don't seem to be backed up by fact, though his charting methodology seems fairly sound in principle.

b TC2000 has much more capability than what is available on FreeStockCharts.com, including scanning for conditions on their charts, a formula language that has recently been greatly expanded, and probably the most responsive Help organization of any trading sw company. They cover option trading also with a variety of graphical tools.

They continually update their sw several times a year and besides TG, the Wishing Wealth blog guy uses TC2000, as well as the Stock Market Mentor guy, and Harry Boxer the TechTrader.com guy.

Their help organization will answer forum posts with detailed code if needed and keep at it until the poster is satisfied.

Their forum, Worden Discussion Forum is available for all to read and search without having a TC 2000 membership. Lots of different trading ideas and indicators discussed over the years there.

Videos of their recent changes to version 17 are available online to give you a good feel for the product's capabilities.

Hope this helps some,
Ed S.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #137800
Ignore pthomas215
8/22/2017 4:15:18 PM

It helps a ton Ed. Thank you. It's a good tool to use to hedge risk.

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #137801
Ignore davesaint86
8/22/2017 8:24:38 PM

How do you add and remove the legend on a chart in Freestockcharts?

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #137806
Ignore nibor100
8/23/2017 2:41:16 PM

I can't find any way to add or remove a legend( not sure what you are calling a legend).

I checked the online help and the downloadable workbook, and looked at the pdf of the content of the video tutorials.

stuff you can do that may be of interest...

You can toggle full screen on and off to hide the watchlist stuff on the left.

In intraday time frames you can look at Volume Buzz, Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP), and get a horizontal histogram of Volume at Price.

Ed S.

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #137807
Ignore davesaint86
8/23/2017 3:10:49 PM

Ed - When you click the left-mouse button on the chart the current indicator values show. Is there a way to toggle on and off. For example if you have the Slow Sto added as an indicator it would show you the current values.

Thanks,
Dave

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #137821
Ignore pthomas215
8/24/2017 12:38:01 PM

ED/Dave/Mac..........what is your favorite time frame for entry on stock charts? I keep doing manual tests but it's hard to tell since it is a snapshot. 30 minute, hourly, 2 hour or 4 hour view?

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #137825
Ignore nibor100
8/24/2017 3:00:49 PM

Dave,

In all of my other TC2000 sw, the period key acts as a toggle for the indicator and price values legend but it doesn't work in FreeStockChart.com for some reason, even though other keyboard shortcuts such J for jump to new symbol, 1 for daily, 2 for 2 day, etc. 5 for weekly, 9 for monthly work in all of them....

I guess only so much is free.

Ed S.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Interesting new site I stumbled upon .<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.