StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · @Kevin - Which NN are you using<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #135750
Ignore graftonian
5/4/2017 7:02:21 PM

Kevin, I guess I'll be riding on your coat tails for a while. If I can make enough to pay for the software, I am in.
Thanks again.
graf

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135752
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/4/2017 7:11:30 PM

2 MORE BUY SIGNALS FOR TOMORROW ...

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #135754
Ignore graftonian
5/5/2017 8:26:36 AM

Kevin, In at 77.52 and 77.70 (pre-market). Time for more coffee and the fun to begin.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135757
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/5/2017 10:40:39 AM

Just remember that every one of these NN models has gone through at least one painful drawdown before closing a trade - the intraday drawdowns are listed in the system specs. Not sure if that amount is on a single trade (in which case the drop is very large) or on the equity curve (less painful).

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #135781
Ignore graftonian
modified
5/8/2017 8:56:15 AM

Out of XIV4 at 78.75 in pre-market (1.22%) Thanx again, Kevin.

Looks like a trailing stop would've worked better
"it aint what you trade, its how you trade it"
TRO

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135784
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/8/2017 10:41:51 AM

Remember - I am assessing the system as it was designed to be traded. I'm fine sharing the results and having some limited discussion but I can't model things like trailing stops in the NN software.

I stayed long on all signals this morning - glad I did. Given that three other systems opted to stay long I decided to follow that and stay long in XIV4 rather than exit at the open.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135786
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/8/2017 2:29:26 PM

Possible XIV5 sell signal - I don't know how accurate it is to run the NN models "near" the close versus after. Will confirm tonight. For now I will not take any action.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #135800
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
5/9/2017 11:40:36 AM

StockNeuromaster is interesting. I hope the producer will reconsider a pricing model that includes this lamentable aspect: "1 Year Free Upgrades".

If a software is truly a new release candidate, it should be versioned and named distinctly. I think lifetime upgrades should be included in the price of the major release version you are purchasing. If a developer chooses to cease upgrades and new features on that platform, then so be it.

This pricing strategy dips into two practices I'm adamantly opposed to:
-Software that you buy at full price but whose license expires after some period.
-Non-transferable licenses.

In the rest of the world, these practices fall under RENTAL terms. I deal a lot with software at all levels -- enterprise right down to retail consumer. If you do not have a mature pricing strategy, increasing numbers of customers will tune you out. If you want to rent your software out, fine. That's fine. That's subscription, limited use.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #135801
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/9/2017 12:27:17 PM

I'm under the working assumption that after one year you still have a valid license but just not access to any further upgrades - I'll check with the developer.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #135885
Ignore mahkoh
5/13/2017 5:16:54 AM

Kevin, assuming you are using the software to make predictions for other symbols besides XIV, what do you think of it so far. Would you recommend it?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · @Kevin - Which NN are you using<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.