StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Know your own statistics..<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #87208
Ignore miketranz
1/27/2010 11:09:56 PM

Most of the traders on here know about filters,statistical odds,and charts.It really amazes me the time,effort,and intelligence put into it,in a search for the Holy Grail.My question is,how many really know what their own trading performance is? How many keep a detailed record of every trade,winners & losers?How many know how to exploit winning trading methods,and discard losing methods.How many know that the major difference between winning & losing in the markets is mental discipline.How many are gaining the competence to trade successfully in time? All this goes way beyond filters.Its all about knowing yourself,your capabilities and your limitations.......

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #87210
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/27/2010 11:30:46 PM

I can state with complete honesty that I have good filters and systems that I consistently ignore ... I can go back and look at almost every losing trade I made over the past year, and I made it or made it worse by not following my own systems and exit strategies with consistency.

Good topic for discussion here.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #87214
Ignore Eman93
1/28/2010 12:49:59 AM

Ill second that.... if I knew my stats I would quit trading, but I do stare at the bank account everday....I am no WSG

It looks sooooooooo easy......

bradirwin
3 posts
msg #87227
Ignore bradirwin
1/28/2010 5:37:57 AM

Yeah i must admit i still do not adhere to my strategy. Even after i have read countless books that say STRICTLY FOLLOW YOUR CRITERIA!!!

I think complacency is a big enemy in the markets?

What do you guys think?

miketranz
956 posts
msg #87260
Ignore miketranz
1/28/2010 10:31:05 AM

Curtis Faith who traded under legendary Richard Dennis states in his book "Way of the turtle",very few traders have what it takes to follow a system.Given the same set of instructions,drastic differences in performance.Its all about mental discipline..

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Know your own statistics..<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.