StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Limiting the stocks in a list?<< >>Post Follow-up
durgin
60 posts
msg #79673
Ignore durgin
9/19/2009 8:08:44 PM

Can I limit the number of stocks in a screen?
For example, the following filter is from the User Guide on how to sort a column.
How do I just show the top 10 stocks?

Fetcher[Show stocks where the MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and add column RSI(14)
and sort column 5 ascending
]

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #79674
Ignore chetron
9/19/2009 8:17:22 PM

YOU CAN'T

durgin
60 posts
msg #79675
Ignore durgin
9/19/2009 8:20:53 PM

Too bad -- it could be helpful. Thanks for the quick response!

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79677
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/19/2009 8:33:56 PM

Settings -> Results ->

there you can at least limit the numbers of stocks shown on each page of the results list to 5, 10 ... up to 100. That way you only need to look at the first page if you have them sorted as you desire.

durgin
60 posts
msg #79680
Ignore durgin
9/19/2009 8:55:38 PM

Thank you SF Gurus!
I came up with a crude way of doing what I wanted:

Fetcher[Show stocks where the MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and add column RSI(14)
and sort column 5 ascending
Show RSI(14) below 49
]

One can look at a list and select a value as a cutoff point.
My reason for restricting such a list is to make comparisons on the performance of different lists.
It's meaningful with the top 10 stocks -- not with hundreds.

Thanks again!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Limiting the stocks in a list?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.