4/24/2008 1:23:12 PM

What is LONG?

Larger than the body?

alanfoy
10 posts
msg #61783
Ignore alanfoy
4/24/2008 1:37:22 PM

Yes, any where from nearly as long --- to longer than the body. I feel like if you get me pointed in the right direction, I'll be able to modify to find what I want.
Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61784
Ignore nikoschopen
4/24/2008 1:37:51 PM

This will give you a daily range (high - low) that is at least 3 times the length of the candle body, which would mean that even if you slice the range into 3 equal parts you would still have upper and lower tails that are no smaller than the candle body.

Feel free to add ure own price/volume as well as other criteria.

Fetcher[
set{Shadow, day point range / opcl}
Shadow above 3
]

alanfoy
10 posts
msg #61789
Ignore alanfoy
4/24/2008 2:07:23 PM

That's a start, but I would like to see upper & lower shadows separately.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #61793
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
4/24/2008 2:57:32 PM

Note the two columns labeled "Upper (%)" and "Lower (%)", respectively, which will tell you by how large each tail is in relation to the body.

Fetcher[
set{Shadow, day point range / opcl}
Shadow above 3

set{Hi, high - max(open, close)}
set{Lo, min(open, close) - low}
set{Hiratio, Hi / opcl}
set{Loratio, Lo / opcl}
set{Upper, mod(Hiratio,100) * 100}
set{Lower, mod(Loratio,100) * 100}

add column Upper{Upper (%)}
add column Lower{Lower (%)}
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Long Shadow<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.