StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looks too good to be true but I don't see why<< >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #59323
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
1/28/2008 11:10:35 AM

Have you guys ever found such a "sure" bet that you thought about taking out a loan to invest it in a higher return?

I am in that situation now...if you could get a loan charging 6-8% interest and invest it in a rock-solid sumpthin that pays 12%, would you? It sounds too good to be true but I can find no fault in it. What do you guys think?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59324
Ignore nikoschopen
1/28/2008 11:47:51 AM

Anything that looks or sounds too good to be true is usually a scam. But then hindsight always proves to be 20/20.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #59326
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/28/2008 3:16:02 PM

If you want to make money you must learn to think for yourself AND take action.

Forget about others' opinions... chances are you are NOT asking people who have the knowledge you seek.

drew9
171 posts
msg #59330
Ignore drew9
1/28/2008 6:02:10 PM

Many Preferred Stocks are paying that now and are very solid. This is really no different than trading long term using your Broker Margin account. Nothing is rock solid but if the risk / reward makes sense than do it. However, since you are worried, just make sure these are not funds that you need for maintaining your lifestyle and you have the ability to repay the loan.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #59338
1/29/2008 4:17:32 AM

its cd that matures every 3 months. yowza!

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #59342
Ignore chetron
1/29/2008 9:13:51 AM

must be a foreign currency cd

i have heard of them.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #59344
1/29/2008 10:08:29 AM

yup yup. It's hedging against the dollar and gaining 12% apy. Sounds pretty good with the fed cutting rates like truants cutting class.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Looks too good to be true but I don't see why<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.