StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Low and High command for custom variable<< >>Post Follow-up
powermob
19 posts
msg #38145
Ignore powermob
9/22/2005 9:01:55 PM

I am trying to search for the low and high of a custom variable over a 20 day time frame. The following command doesn't produce results but times out.

set{loindic,smoothindic2 20 day low}
set{hiindic,smoothindic2 20 day high}
set{calcrange,hiindic-loindic}

I also tried to use the following finishing line but the answer doesn't correspond with the answers shown for hiindic and loindic.

set{calcrange,smoothindic2 20 day high - smoothindic2 20 day low}

I am new and just can't seem to find the right syntax. Help!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38146
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/22/2005 10:02:11 PM

What is smoothindic2?

MikeB60046
43 posts
msg #38149
Ignore MikeB60046
9/23/2005 5:57:24 AM

Try this

set{lo,low rsi(14) 5 day low}

insert your own indicator and time frame

powermob
19 posts
msg #38151
Ignore powermob
9/23/2005 10:37:27 AM

Thanks guys,

smoothindic2 is a custom variable. I assume there is some syntax similar to the CMA for a custom average for finding low and high of a custom variable.

I tried to use:

set{loindic,low smoothindic2 20 day low}

and did the same thing with hiindic to set the range but the calcrange still gives a different value than hiindic - loindic show.

Any other advice?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #38153
Ignore nikoschopen
9/23/2005 2:19:38 PM

In order to use a set{} command, you need to define each syntax within the set (set{variable,measure [+-*/] measure})

e.g., set{myset, rsi(14),1}
price crossed above myset

Likewise in order to utilize "smoothindic2", you need to first define it. For example,

Fetcher[
set{smoothindic2, close} /*defined as "close"*/
set{loindic,smoothindic2 20 day low}
set{hiindic,smoothindic2 20 day high}
set{calcrange,hiindic-loindic}
set{ratio,calcrange / loindic}
set{percent, ratio * 100}
percent is above 5
]

powermob
19 posts
msg #38159
Ignore powermob
9/23/2005 6:37:33 PM

Thanks for your help. I previously defined smoothindic2 with set statements and I believe it may be just a case of having too many nested set statements that causes the issue. I just thought it might be a syntax issue caused by SF reading low as a universal variable that was always identified by SF as low price and the same for high. But, if no one else has had issues with using low and high over a time frame applied to variable names, then I would guess I'll just have to rework my set definitions and see if I can get rid of some nesting.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Low and High command for custom variable<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.