StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MA turning up<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #27265
Ignore papagatorga
7/8/2003 5:33:01 PM

I use a 10/30 day MA. I would like to set up a screen that will show me when the 10 MA has formed somewhat of a saucer bottom and starts to turn up. I am new and perhaps don't know the lingo for such. I have tried several different verbages but none give me what I am seeking. I'm not married to the 10 MA if you have such a screen with a different MA and it works fine with me. Thanks for any help.

murknd
62 posts
msg #27266
Ignore murknd
7/8/2003 6:07:05 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where MA(10) has been decreasing for 4 days lag 4 days and MA(10) has been increasing for 4 days]

Just adjust the number of decrease/increase days and the number of lag days until you get the desired "saucer."

D

6 posts
msg #27274
Ignore 193987
7/8/2003 10:39:33 PM

Welcome to the board. Don't worry about being new, we're all there sometime. I am only 6 months into trading and have learned more than I thought there was to know. Read these forums and you'll pick up a lot of good approaches. Here is one that I am experimenting with. Try it and let me know what you think, and if you don't already know, use the "offset by..." to test the historical performance of your filters. Click the Performance button when you have past stocks selected and scroll through by Day to see how they did, keeping in mind that the softward checks the closing price, not any interday peaks, which may be plentiful.

Good luck, Tom

"Show stocks where MACD histogram(12,26) is below 0
and Average Volume(90) is above 100000
And close reached a new 2 week high
And volume reached a new 20 day high
and Volume is above 50000
and close is between .05 and 50
and offset is 1"

or:

"MACD fast line crossed above the MACD slow line
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000
and Volume is above 50000
and close is between .10 and 5"

Mindtrek
5 posts
msg #96704
Ignore Mindtrek
10/3/2010 1:38:11 PM

Hi. I just joined SF and am looking for what you were looking for years ago. Did you come up with a successful saucer filter? Thanks.

Minding

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MA turning up<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.