StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,136 posts
msg #156132
Ignore Mactheriverrat
3/12/2021 11:18:38 PM

Thanks Chesse.

Maybe I was a little harsh but it is what it is.

dtatu
143 posts
msg #156135
Ignore dtatu
modified
3/13/2021 10:35:28 AM

Totally in agreement : Although I' m not very active on the Forum , I use SF filters for my own trading for many-many years now. This group has seen it ALL. They always shared their filters and helped with their opinions improving them.
MACD has no secrets for this group , either. The chances you'll impress the group with your proprietary formula are close to NONE. I think you are in the wrong place with this mentality, sorry Wisam.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #156136
Ignore fotchstecker
3/13/2021 11:25:22 AM

I think a much better idea is to post your code in full and allow people to help you improve it. If you consider your options, this would be the much more enriching choice.

dtatu
143 posts
msg #156137
Ignore dtatu
3/13/2021 11:59:01 AM

Also, Wisam, if you think you discovered America with this MACD divergence filter, without even taking a look at it, I can tell you right away: You're wrong.
It took me years and years to remove all the complicated lines and MA's and oscillators from my real time trading .
1-The best thing that happened to me was to remove the daily charts from trading and only use weeklies filtered with monthlies.
2- as filters, a simple 3 week horizontal breakout up or down ( weekly Donchian might help) and that's almost all of it. Simple is always better.
Actually, The BIG secret is the Size of the Bet ( money management), not the indicators.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · MACD<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.