StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money Management<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27808
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/13/2003 4:36:47 PM

How Money Management improves your bottom line even if you are only right half the time!!

5 wins and 5 losses
How it adds up
1000 share trades

Average Average Daily Profit After
Win Loss Commission
per share per share $22.00

$0.20 $0.30 -$610.00
$0.20 $0.25 -$360.00
$0.20 $0.20 -$110.00
$0.20 $0.15 $140.00
$0.20 $0.10 $390.00
$0.25 $0.10 $640.00
$0.30 $0.10 $890.00
$0.35 $0.10 $1,140.00

DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE A LOSS.

LOSING IS PART OF TRADING.

JUST KEEP YOUR LOSSES SMALL.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27809
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/13/2003 4:37:57 PM

Why did SF take out the spaces?

I had the columns lined up!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27811
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/13/2003 4:42:25 PM

Dang it, I keep forgetting to put Copyright notices on my post. Didn't have to worry about it until now.

Joe G., you do NOT have permission to copy my work, so I don't want to see it on your website.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27814
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/13/2003 6:17:09 PM

Fellow Traders, this stuff is important!

"Too many traders enter a trade without any idea of when they will get out. Not only should we have a profit exit set, but we should also have a loss target set. With some strategies, we might be willing to risk the entire capital used, while others we might have a mental stop loss in place. Regardless of where your targets reside, it is important to have them ahead of entering the trade. This is because emotion will dominate our trading decisions if we don’t have an idea of what to do ahead of time."

Read entire article:

http://www.optionetics.com/articles/article_full.asp?idNo=8558

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #27818
Ignore JoeGrossinger
8/13/2003 9:06:46 PM

Dang it, I keep forgetting to put Copyright notices on my post. Didn't have to worry about it until now.

Joe G., you do NOT have permission to copy my work, so I don't want to see it on your website.

LOL! The guy got himself a $3.00 calculator and has figured out how to use it.
Look, every newbie I know has 3 percented himself to riches beyond the dreams of averice. EVERYBODY does that on paper, and nobody does it in the market.
Don't worry, I try to only post informaton folks can use.

What you don't state and what is totally true, just like in war the best laid plans fall appart on the first firefight, so all well laid out daydreams fall appart after one buys the first stock.
What you don't tell folks is that they need to have their plan laid out and written down before they pull the trigger.
In fact you don't have a plan. You just posted a dream.
Dreams are nice and they have their place, but not in stock trading.
They have to know why they are buying and when they will sell.
They have to know that emotions play a huge and deadly role in trading.
They have to know that doubt, greed and fear can be mitigated if you have a well laid-out, thoroughly paper-traded plan in front of you.
I know about what stocks I am going to buy because I post my picks on my website.
http://www.koliga.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

I know when I will sell because I write down the stop loss number right next to the purchase price.
I either get out fairly quickly or I move that stop loss up with the rising price. Eventually I will get stopped out and that will complete the trade.
So, to me it's a matter of going by the numbers.
Yes, I still get emotional but I control that by forcing myself to stay within my own rules.
Folks are free to copy and distribute anything I write. I do it to help folks, not to stroke my own ego. Nothing on my Website has a copyright and you may distribute freely.

risjr
229 posts
msg #27825
Ignore risjr
8/13/2003 11:32:56 PM

Yo Avery

I just disenrolled myself from the yahoo.com stockfetcher!!(aka MUDDY Group). Now officially THE AVERY GROUP!!

Got tired of reading your dribble!! Especially the part where you say it is not critical WHERE YOU ENTER A TRADE!!

That is BY FAR,THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!! BAR NONE!! You can quote all of the studies you want, that exists are more important, but the REAL WORLD FACT IS, IF YOU ENTER IN AN UPTREND, YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE TO TAKE A PROFIT.

If you enter in a downtrend, you have to wait to take a profit, IF AT ALL!! Besides your only batting 50%!!

You drove off MUDDY, sounds like your doing a GREAT JOB!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

RON

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27826
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/14/2003 12:44:45 AM

Joe: you can't copyright other people's work.

R: I will tell Muddy that I drove him off the next time I chat with him since we chat just about everyday.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41575
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/25/2006 1:54:02 PM

Since there are so many new people, I will POP TO THE TOP some informative threads.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Money Management<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.