StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Moving Average of RSI(13)<< >>Post Follow-up
smithman
8 posts
msg #108138
Ignore smithman
9/21/2012 2:12:06 AM

How do I get the 7-period moving average of an RSI(13), please?
Do I have to use the set{} command?

What about calculating Heikin-Ashi values?
For example: HA=(open+close+high+low)/4

I'm stuck and need help to move forward.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108139
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
9/21/2012 6:28:31 AM

You use the Custom Moving Average or Custom Exponential Moving Average syntax ...

Simple moving average of an indicator: CMA(indicator, number of days)

Exponential moving average of an indicator: CEMA(indicator, number of days)

In your specific case that would be CMA(RSI(13),7)

smithman
8 posts
msg #108144
Ignore smithman
9/21/2012 9:58:16 AM

Thank you so much Kevin.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #108151
Ignore mahkoh
9/21/2012 4:33:01 PM

For your HA you will be needing the set command:

set{a,open + close}
set{b,a + high}
set{c,b + low}
set{HA,c/4}

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Moving Average of RSI(13)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.