StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Muddy VS. Buy and Hold.com<< >>Post Follow-up
SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #37900
Ignore SurfnDestiny
9/9/2005 6:35:18 PM

You might get a kick out of this story....

Opened an account with buy and hold .com at about the beginning of this year. I signed up for their unlimited trades for 14.99 a month plan. The sticking point is that you can only do trades a 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, and 3:00 PM. O.K.... Fine.

With the filters I use with RSI(2) I started pulling ahead back in Feburary, and haven`t looked back since. Well, all of a sudden a couple of months ago, I started experiencing website problems with them, mainly slow page downloads, and not being able to logon to my account a half hour before the trading day time windows. But, as soon as the time window passed you could login just fine, but of course it was too late to do your trade execution. after lots of complaining, and losing money in some instances, I closed the account. Hey Muddy... Buy and Hold.com doesn`t seem to like your method. HA HA HA..

PS. It was like pulling teeth to get my money from them, but they had no choice but to give me my gains.

I`ve looked at Interactive brokers, but it looks like a lot of red tape in dealing with them. I still have my Scottrade account. Brokers don`t seem to get much discussion here. One thing that was cool about the Buy and Hold account was no waiting on settlements. You could bop around between stocks quite a bit, and there was no waiting time to sell or buy again. But if you had big money on the line, you could get hurt with the website problems they were having.

Railwhore
69 posts
msg #37901
Ignore Railwhore
9/9/2005 6:47:07 PM

Just wondering what filters you find most successful with the addition of rsi(2) - besides muddy?

da-net
55 posts
msg #37907
Ignore da-net
9/10/2005 11:33:56 AM

I just started reading a book that might prove helpful to you. It is titled " Does Your Broker Owe You Money" by Daniel R. Solin....I picked up my copy at Amazon as a used book, it is proving to be very enlightening.

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #37931
Ignore SurfnDestiny
9/13/2005 5:54:36 PM

Show stocks where volume is above 300000
and price is between 1 and 100
and rsi(2) is < .8

Show stocks where volume is above 30000
and close is near bottom Linear Regression line(45,1.0)
and rsi(5) is below 5 for 1 day

RSI(2) BELOW 1
RSI(5) BELOW 10
and 60 day slope of the close greater than 0
and 200 day slope of the close greater than 0
and avg volume(90) above 300000
and close is between 1 and 100

and rsi(2) below 1
and rsi(5) is below 10 for 1 day
and 2 day slope of cog(3) is > .5

and rsi(2) below 1
and rsi(5) is below 10 for 1 day
and rsi(5) equal rsi(5) 200 day low
and 2 day slope of cog(3) is > .5

johnp
17 posts
msg #37975
Ignore johnp
9/15/2005 11:37:38 AM

SurfnDestiny,

I enjoyed your comments starting this section of the forum.
It reminds me that opportunity is found in using anothers system in a way not anticipated in order to fully implement ones strategy.
In my search for BuyandHold information, I ran across foliofn.
You have got me thinking - Thanks

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #37978
Ignore SurfnDestiny
9/15/2005 6:05:06 PM

Foliofn.com does look interesting. Two trading windows are not as good as three, but its almost the same deal. 5 dollars more for the monthly fee is O.K.. Does anybody here on SF have an account with them?. Any likes or dislikes?. Does their website stay trouble free?. Buy and Hold.com was great until the website started messing up. And their customer service was terrible. They would not think twice about lying to you. It was like dealing with a telemarketer.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Muddy VS. Buy and Hold.com<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.