StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102612
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/16/2011 11:51:50 AM

This is funny, check out what the well respected trader, Sam Seiden, had to say this week:

http://www.tradingacademy.com/lessons/20110907/featured_article.htm

"You see, this is where most people stumble. They don't go down the simple logic path we just went through. Instead, they buy a trading book that teaches them conventional Technical Analysis which is a very flawed school of thought. Or, they dive into the world of conventional Fundamental Analysis which has you buying when the news is good (at a high price) and selling when the news is bad (at a low price) which is a disaster for you, but a gift for those on the other side of your trades and investments."

Where have I heard that before?

ramtrader
6 posts
msg #102626
Ignore ramtrader
modified
9/19/2011 9:02:28 PM

Thx TRO for sharing the MTC filter.

I have started to use the buy zone strategy using the MTC filter had good few days.
The stop for the buy zone gets tricky depending on the high priced stock used. Few times I got stopped because of the volatility. 20 cents stop on a $20 stock is not the same as 20 cents stop on a $400 stock (especially the ones that don't have tight bid / ask spread). Need to play with a better stop strategy based on the price of the stock. If anyone has thoughts on stop placement would be welcome.
Thx,
Sam

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102632
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2011 1:41:08 AM

ramtrader, you only need to find ONE cow to milk.

ramtrader
6 posts
msg #102633
Ignore ramtrader
9/20/2011 9:03:45 AM

Thanks TRO for the response.

I understand your point. Even in the case of AAPL, because of the price of the stock and the volatility involved, there is a good chance to hits the target but the zone stop being small (20 cents), it becomes tricky that stop is hit because of the same volatility before it hits the target and hence the question regarding the size of the stop.

Thx.
Sam

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102635
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/20/2011 12:01:34 PM

You have to be quick to take profit when you can so price doesn't reverse on you.

Don't trade wide spread stocks this way.

vinci
13 posts
msg #102806
Ignore vinci
10/3/2011 1:03:49 AM

Does anybody here have the TRO Trade Zone ( buy Zone ) for Ninja Trader 7 ?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102845
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/6/2011 12:36:38 PM

82 Tips For Successful Trading

http://tradingconceptsinc.com/trading-articles/82-statements-successful-trading-investing/

aziam
24 posts
msg #102846
Ignore aziam
10/6/2011 2:11:53 PM

82 Tips For Successful Trading

http://tradingconceptsinc.com/trading-articles/82-statements-successful-trading-investing/

I didn't read them all but number 82 probably covers it all ... with number 1 a close second.

stratiG
147 posts
msg #102847
Ignore stratiG
10/6/2011 4:00:30 PM

Only 82 tips, I'm sure he could of come up with another 18 and made it an even 100.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103725
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/12/2011 8:50:07 AM

Fetcher[
/* TRO HOLO - SHORT CANDIDATES FILTER */

/* enter your Upper Limit criteria */
set{UpperLim , Open 34 day High}

/* enter your Lower Limit criteria */
set{LowerLim , Open 34 day Low}

set{ Dynamic_Range , UpperLim - LowerLim }
set{PPDiff, CLOSE minus LowerLim}
set{PPDiv, PPDiff / Dynamic_Range}
set{BallOn, PPDiv * 100}

/* enter your Upper Limit criteria */
set{UpperLim2 , Open 89 day High}

/* enter your Lower Limit criteria */
set{LowerLim2 , Open 89 day Low}

set{ Dynamic_Range1 , UpperLim2 - LowerLim2 }
set{PPDiff1, CLOSE minus LowerLim2}
set{PPDiv1, PPDiff1 / Dynamic_Range1}
set{BallOn89, PPDiv1 * 100}

set{victim, count(ballon above 100,1) + count(ballon89 above 100,1)}

set{volcnt, count(volume below 1000000,100)}

/* DISPLAY COLUMNS */

and add column separator

add column BallOn {BallOn34}
add column UpperLim
add column LowerLim

and add column separator

add column BallOn89 {BallOn89}
add column UpperLim2
add column LowerLim2

and add column separator

DRAW UpperLim ON PLOT price
DRAW LowerLim ON PLOT price

DRAW UpperLim2 ON PLOT price
DRAW LowerLim2 ON PLOT price

/* SELECTION CRITERIA */

victim above 1

volcnt below 1

stock is optionable

/* SORT CRITERIA */

SORT COLUMN 6 DESCENDING

]

HOLO = Highest Open, Lowest Open.

The TRO HOLO - SHORT CANDIDATES FILTER displays stocks that have closed above the highest open price over the last 34 and 89 days. Why 34 and 89? No reason in particular but they are Fib numbers. I may write version for the last 13, 26 and 52 weeks. The periods aren't really important.

We say price is up for the day when the price is ABOVE THE OPEN.

We say price is down for the day when the price is BELOW THE OPEN.

It stands to reason if price is above the highest open over the last X periods, then price is up.

It also stands to reason if price is below the lowest open over the last X periods, then price is down.

Therefore, entering a trade at the highest or lowest open price gives one the best opportunity to make money based on price direction.

Important Disclaimer:
Upon viewing, reading, utilizing, downloading, participation, attending, registration and/or purchase/attendance in/of ANYTHING, I hereby waive all claims against ANYBODY for any loss in trading or personal expense I incur related to but not limited to these materials/webinars/chat rooms/channels/seminars/newsletters and events.
I am aware and agree that these materials/webinars/chat rooms/channels/seminars/newsletters and events are provided/conducted for educational purposes only and Nothing provided is to be taken as trading advice.

IMPORTANT:
The risk of loss in online trading futures, options, cash currencies and other leveraged transaction products can be substantial. Therefore only "risk capital" should be used. Futures, options, cash currencies and other leveraged transaction products are not suitable investments for everyone. The valuation of futures, options, cash currencies and other leveraged transaction products may fluctuate and as a result clients may lose more than the amount originally invested and may also have to pay more later. Consider your financial condition before deciding to invest or online trade.

CFTC RULE 4.41
Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations unlike actual performance record: simulated results do not represent actual trading. Also, since the trades have not actually been executed, the results may have under- or overcompensated of the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No presentation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those predicted or shown.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!<< 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 105 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.