StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Help Drawing Target Line<< >>Post Follow-up
nayah
1 posts
msg #51660
Ignore nayah
5/17/2007 4:25:55 PM

I would like to draw two lines on my chart. One line would be 5 percent above closing price and the second line would be 3 percent below closing price.

The 5 percent line would be my target price and the 3 percent line would be my stop loss.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #51663
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
5/17/2007 7:42:30 PM

Is this what you want ?

Fetcher[
set{sell,close * 1.05}
set{stop,close * .97}

/* *** you filter goes here *** */

price is between 10 and 11

/* *** you filter goes here *** */

and draw sell on plot close
and draw stop on plot close
add column sell
add column stop
]

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #51665
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
5/17/2007 8:46:04 PM

I noticed that the "stop" value signaled a good entry point when crossing above the lower BB ... so I modified your lower "stop levels" to be a trigger, at a lower level.

Let me know what you think !

Fetcher[

/* THE SIMPLE TRIGGER */
set{target,close * 1.05}
set{trigger,close * .86}
and draw target on plot price
and draw trigger on plot price
and draw Bollinger Band(20)
and trigger crossed above lower bollinger band(20)

/* WEED OUT THE SLOW - NON VOLATILE STOCKS */
set{cashflow,average price(5) * average volume(5)}
and cashflow is greater then 250000

/* SEE MORE TECHNICALS */
and draw fast stochastics(5,5)
and draw slow stochastics(5,5)
and draw MACD(16,26)
and do not draw cashflow

/* ADD COLUMNS TO SEE THE NUMBERS */
add column target
add column trigger

/* SORT BY PRICE */
and sort column 2 ascending

/* ******* OFFSET ******* */
and offset 0
]

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #51666
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
5/17/2007 9:36:54 PM

Fare Well !!!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Help Drawing Target Line<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.