StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Help with Exit<< >>Post Follow-up
einok
msg #93092
Ignore einok
5/24/2010 11:19:12 AM

I am wanting to trigger an exit when the RSI closes below 60 and the next day closes below the low of that day.
However, if RSI closes back above 60 then at some point goes back below 60, I would like to use that new low as my exit.

This is the way I have it set up in the Backtesting, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working.

close is below low 1 day ago and RSI(15) 1 day ago crossed below 60

Thanks for the help

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #93093
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/24/2010 11:25:49 AM

I am wanting to trigger an exit when the RSI closes below 60 and the next day closes below the low of that day.
However, if RSI closes back above 60 then at some point goes back below 60, I would like to use that new low as my exit.

This is the way I have it set up in the Backtesting, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working.

close is below low 1 day ago and RSI(15) 1 day ago crossed below 60

Thanks for the help
++++++++

Fetcher[
close below low 1 day ago
rsi(15) 1 day ago crossed 60 from above
]

"However, if RSI closes back above 60 then at some point goes back below 60, I would like to use that new low as my exit."

What are you saying here? Only if the rsi crosses 60 from above AND the close is a new low?

einok
msg #93094
Ignore einok
5/24/2010 12:11:38 PM

Hi Kevin,

Re:

"However, if RSI closes back above 60 then at some point goes back below 60, I would like to use that new low as my exit."

What are you saying here? Only if the rsi crosses 60 from above AND the close is a new low?
Yes, I think you are understanding what I am trying to do.

To clarify.

1. RSI closes below the 60 level
2. The low price of that day is not closed below on the following day (still in the trade) OR The low price of that day is closed
below on the following day (out of the trade)

Scenario if RSI closes back above 60
1. RSI closes back above 60
2. RSI closes back below 60
3. The new low is higher than the previous low (I'm trying to get this to act as a trailing stop)
4. This back and forth above 60 could continue for some time (each time creating a higher low; therefore a higher trailing stop)

Thanks and hope this is possible and also makes sense.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need Help with Exit<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.