StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need an umbrella?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #95964
Ignore karennma
modified
9/2/2010 2:03:44 PM

johnpaulca
msg #95959
- johnpaulca 9/2/2010 10:46:00 AM
If you think it's bad here just visit a 3rd world country, I just spent a month in South America...what a shi$t hole.
=================================================================================

Geesh John.
I LOVE South America!
What part did you go to?
edit:
BTW, I've stopped visiting "3rd World" countries 'cause where I live has become a "3rd world" country.
Heck!! Why fly to El Salvador when I can drive to the mall and be in a "virtual" 3rd world in 15 minutes.
:>/

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #95965
Ignore johnpaulca
9/2/2010 3:21:54 PM

LOL....I was Guyana as a coach for Team Canada....the country is very interesting....organized chaos.

mystiq
650 posts
msg #95969
Ignore mystiq
9/3/2010 4:41:55 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/09/02/financial/f052307D99.DTL

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #95976
Ignore karennma
modified
9/3/2010 10:06:03 AM

mystiq,
Thanks for the article.
It's at the point now, where the "big boyz" only know one way to make money in the market ... manipulation.

edit:
Same with CEOs of major corporations ... best way for them to max their salaries... outsource all labor to china.
Nobody plays "fair" anymore.
Everything's a fkn scam.
And it's all very transparent.

marine2
963 posts
msg #95981
Ignore marine2
9/3/2010 11:34:31 AM

I don't agree with Edit's transparency. Many things are still non-transparent. Anytime our market place gives us negative surprises it shows us a non-transparent atmosphere that creates apprehension, uncertainty in making firm moves into the markets. Leaders in our markets still after all this time, after the big crash, still have many investors sitting on the sidelines waiting to trust again. Not sure if it will ever come back again. Yes, the big boys control the manipulation from behind the scenes making many investors to just watch and not plunge back in. It used to be, blending fundamentals and technicals together in making sound decisions the way to go. Now, those elements in picking sound stocks for medium to long term investing is kaput. The game is a very short term trading scenario. Giving investment houses all your money and trusting them to manage it well is not a good idea. Giving yourself as the prime tender of your investment monies is now the name of the game. Have a nice day!

machismo
115 posts
msg #95982
Ignore machismo
9/3/2010 12:21:20 PM

marine2 edit is something karennma adds most of her posts.
Here is a video link of the flash crash and what might have happened to the stocks, here the symbol PSA is analyzed, and please note that the whole video is suppose to be less than a second in time.

http://www.nanex.net/FlashCrash/PSAVideo.html

seeing that I wouldn't be surprised if once the frequency traders have added to their positions, they use these aggressive bid tactics to change the direction of the stock, if I can think it, I am sure they are doing it. This they can do in less than a second, and even with hot keys assigned to our trading platform it would take most of us 5 seconds to submit our orders. The exchanges make a lot of money from these high frequency traders from the volume they provide, I doubt this is likely to change.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #95983
Ignore petrolpeter
9/3/2010 12:22:20 PM

You guys are sure depressing when theres a warm summer rain and you have to get out the umbrella.

marine2
963 posts
msg #96006
Ignore marine2
9/4/2010 12:53:30 AM

Reality sucks sometimes doesn't it.

four
5,087 posts
msg #96058
Ignore four
modified
9/7/2010 1:10:22 PM

Not Cute

http://www.cross-currents.net/charts.htm

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-money/blog/devil-details/cut-my-pay-now/2829/?tag=main;related-link-0

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need an umbrella?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.