StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help creating a filter<< >>Post Follow-up
teenagebuffalo
2 posts
msg #118420
Ignore teenagebuffalo
2/28/2014 7:31:39 PM

Hello,
I am very new to all this so please excuse my ignorance. I am looking to create a filter that shows a stock that is up on big volume after consolidating for 2-3 months near its 52 week low. I don't know how to post a picture to this post but a good example is DHRM:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=DHRM+Interactive#symbol=dhrm;range=1y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=;

Basically it flatlined in the $2 range for months then on October 16th, it popped up on volume and price and then took off. I am trying to create a filter that would catch that increase.

Thanks for any help!

miketranz
956 posts
msg #118433
Ignore miketranz
3/1/2014 10:54:58 PM

Start here:Show stocks where high reached a new 90 day high
and close above upper bollinger band
and volume 100% above average volume(90)
and close is < 5
(chart 6 month)

teenagebuffalo
2 posts
msg #118445
Ignore teenagebuffalo
3/3/2014 12:09:13 AM

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

ShauneWatley
1 posts
msg #118658
Ignore ShauneWatley
3/19/2014 6:33:53 AM

try putting in (daily volume below average volume(50) for the last 30 days). You can change the days to fit your time-line

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help creating a filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.