StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help with hi-lo range filter setup<< >>Post Follow-up
rayjay66
2 posts
msg #38306
Ignore rayjay66
10/2/2005 4:55:00 PM

Hello All,

I am trying to set up a filter that will give me stocks whose range
(hi to lo) is less than the six or seven prior trading days. Makes no difference whether they are up or down days...just need the lastest trade day to have a smaller range.

My first post, and I gotta say I have been very impressed with the site and the way folks share knowledge, etc.

Thanks in advance,

excoastie

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38308
Ignore alf44
10/2/2005 5:11:05 PM

rayjay66,

It sounds to me (if I understand correctly) like you are looking for what Linda Rashke(and others) refer to as an NR7. That is the narrowist range day of the last 7 days.

Try this:

Fetcher[Show stocks where Day Point Range reached a new 7 day Low and High is below High 1 day ago and Low is above Low 1 day ago]

-------------

This scan should give you an NR7...AND...will also define the NR7 day as an "inside day" as well !

alf44

rayjay66
2 posts
msg #38309
Ignore rayjay66
10/2/2005 5:55:57 PM

Many thanks to you for the filter; that is exactly what I was looking for.
Actually, I saw the NR7 setup in Alan Farley's book "The Master Swing Trader."
He does appear to know his "stuff," but most of his writing gets way over my head (doesn't take much these days - I'll be 67 next b'day.)

Thanks again, and have a nice and profitable week,

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38310
Ignore alf44
10/2/2005 6:47:00 PM

Good Luck, rayjay !

Glad to help !

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need help with hi-lo range filter setup<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.