StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some help from a pro...<< >>Post Follow-up
skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #60081
Ignore skanaga14808
3/1/2008 12:00:08 AM

o.k. I give. I'm at a crossroad with trying to write a filter for an idea i've had for a couple of months now. I just cant make it come together except in my head. Here's what I need if someone can help me, please. I need;

3 Red Candles showing a decline over the past 3 days.
1 Black candle engulfing the prior days red candle entirely.

I cant help but to look at this and think how easy this must be to put into a filter, but I just cant make it come together. Thanks in advance for taking the time to look at this and help me with my problem..

Steve

welliott111
98 posts
msg #60086
Ignore welliott111
3/1/2008 9:39:59 AM

Not a pro but this might steer you in the right direction. Try these.

Fetcher[count(pattern is Bearish Identical Three Crows,2) > 0
open < low 1 day ago
close > high 1 day ago
]

Fetcher[count(pattern is Bearish Identical Three Crows,2) > 0
pattern is bullish engulfing
]

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #60088
Ignore skanaga14808
3/1/2008 2:07:59 PM

Hey, thanks for coming to the rescue. I appreciate your help. I do have a question though. In that formula about the three crows, what does the number 2 signify? Thanks again...

Steve

mktmole
325 posts
msg #60089
Ignore mktmole
3/1/2008 2:19:58 PM

... indicates how many days to look back for the pattern.
do a search on " count occurances " for more info

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #60091
Ignore skanaga14808
3/1/2008 2:43:31 PM

Hey, thanks everyone for helping out. I appreciate you taking the time to steer me in the right direction....

Steve

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #60092
Ignore skanaga14808
modified
3/1/2008 2:53:09 PM

o.k., correct me if i'm wrong somebody, but I read somewhere that the larger the engulfing black candle is after 3 moves downward by red candles, the larger the possibility is for a price movement up. Is there any truth to that statement? And if there is, how do I adjust this formula to look for the largest engulfing black candle thats allowed? Thanks again everyone for your help...

Steve

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60093
Ignore nikoschopen
3/1/2008 3:33:29 PM

Three-Line Strike Bearish

Pattern:Continuation
Trend:Bearish
Reliability: Low

How to Identify it

• Three long black days occur with consecutively lower closes
    • The fourth day opens lower, but closes above the open of the first day

What it Means

The white day drives prices back to where they were at the start of the pattern.
      If the bearish trend was strong before the pattern, then it should continue.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some help from a pro...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.