StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · "OR" function or similar?<< >>Post Follow-up
tradeuk
1 posts
msg #97275
Ignore tradeuk
11/1/2010 12:32:01 PM

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Stockfetcher and I've been developing some filters that I'm already finding quite useful. What I want to know is of there is away of screening for different setups in one filter.

A simple example would be if I wanted to screen for stocks that have gapped up in the last 10 days:

Show stocks where open 10 days ago is more than 10% above close 11 day ago (will give me the results for a gap up 10 days ago)

Is it possible to do something like:

Show stocks where open 10 days ago is more than 10% above close 11 day ago

OR

Show stocks where open 9 days ago is more than 10% above close 10 day ago

OR

I'm sure there's a simple way of doing this but my extremely basic programming skills combined with very little experience with stockfetcher is letting me down. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

miko
68 posts
msg #97278
Ignore miko
11/1/2010 2:04:48 PM

Fetcher[Set {GapTest, Open / Close 1 day ago}
Set {GapTest2, Count (GapTest > 1.1,10)}
GapTest2 > 0
]

The first set compares the open to the previous close, the second counts the number of times that value is greater than 1.1 over the last 10 days. The last statement includes if there has been a gap. You'll want to filter more, otherwise too many penny stocks.

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #97279
Ignore wantonellis
modified
11/1/2010 2:46:36 PM

miko
68 posts
msg #97281
Ignore miko
modified
11/1/2010 3:16:11 PM

Fetcher[set{condition1, count(open more than 10% above close 1 days ago,10)}
condition1 > 0
]

Results somewhat more than from my first post -- I think that "more than" may be more like >= instead of just >.

wantonellis's response uses the stockfetcher equivalent of an "OR" function.

four
5,087 posts
msg #97285
Ignore four
11/1/2010 7:05:01 PM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?qrid=1288652677&q=view&fid=1001&tid=28017

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · "OR" function or similar?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.