StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ORDER EXECUTION & ROUTING<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40154
Ignore nikoschopen
1/11/2006 3:40:32 PM

_____________________________________________________________________________________

EWZuber sez:
"Are you using SMART routing or specifying a certain path?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I use whatever MM (Nasdaq or Listed) is available at the time. It's relatively a simple process for me, since I need only double-click on the MM in the Level 2 window & the order ticket is automatically prepopulated and sent.

EWZuber sez:
"And as I said I get fills instantly each and every time without exception. I took this particular part of trading
discipline from a book written by a very successful day trader."

I never doubted your method of execution. By no means this works beautifully in a slow moving market. But, even as I write, I'm waiting for my bid at the ask to be filled (Damn, somebody just bid above me,and the ask is lifted!) Only option left for me now is to chase the stock or wait for it to come back down to my price. Now how do you account for that? Is it too much a coincidence to be called an anomaly...or, as I'm frequently told by other cynics like myself, a conspiracy?

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40163
Ignore EWZuber
1/11/2006 4:41:24 PM

I suspect the problem you encountering is because you are directing your order to a specific MM. You should try SMART routing at IB. Thats how I execute all my orders. The system finds the best price for you and executes. No MM can get in your way.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40177
Ignore EWZuber
1/12/2006 3:39:55 AM

nikoschopen
I agree when the trading is fast and furious it takes too long to load a bid and size at an ask but a market buy kinda scares me. I just like to know exactly what I'm getting before I order.
With IB you can set up keyboard short cuts to execute but still takes some time.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40191
Ignore nikoschopen
1/12/2006 2:30:54 PM

At this time, I have the market orders programmed to be sent via SMART. Ironically, even with market orders using SMART as the route of choice, I have experienced a lag up to 30-seconds. By the time I got filled, would there have been a (large) slippage you ask? I'll leave that to your imagination.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #40205
Ignore rtucker
modified
1/12/2006 8:01:19 PM

s

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40207
Ignore nikoschopen
1/12/2006 8:21:43 PM

Who's ure friggin broker? I hope it's not Interactive Brokers. I too had a similar experience with my previous broker. Crying foul in such a case wouldn't do you any good. Blasting them before SEC won't get you much far either since you sent a market order. I just pull my money from those a-holes & let them fret about client satisfaction.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #40221
Ignore rtucker
modified
1/12/2006 11:05:17 PM

d

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40224
Ignore nikoschopen
1/13/2006 3:46:54 AM

It doesn't surprise me. BTW, ure broker is now officially called TD Ameritrade. And who do you think I was alluding to earlier when I fondly brought up the memories of my previous broker? If for no other reason than to serve their own self-interest, they're prolly all crooks, but I'm sure they can all be classified under the rubric of good, bad, and the ugly.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ORDER EXECUTION & ROUTING<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.