StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Only way to trade for now........<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #94845
Ignore marine2
7/17/2010 2:10:38 AM

Only way to trade for now is, to day trade. To stay any period in this market is idiocy. CNBC on their tv show say the consumer confidence is not there. Well they are right on that. Everytime people tippy toe back into this market it slaps them in the face with a stock loss. My guess is we will have to wait until next year before people feel that they kinda sorta trust this market. Patience is what we all need to have, and sit tight for now and watch the investment pros work the market. Us little people just need to hunker down and wait the storm out.

donato40
5 posts
msg #94856
Ignore donato40
7/17/2010 5:41:58 PM

I agree, it's a tough trading environment. I've tried some systems that have failed. Short trades are tough because it is hard to time when the fall will occur and for how much and long. You have to take profits quickly and any longer term trades need downside protection like OTM credit spreads and DITM debit spreads. But even those can be disastrous if your entry timing and bias are wrong in the short term.

Now looks like a short term shorting opportunity, but for how long? Who knows what the manipulators are up to?

shukyp
1 posts
msg #94859
Ignore shukyp
7/17/2010 6:40:11 PM

this claim is absolutely untrue. r u familiar w/ Elliot waves. it will definitely light yr way for more than few stocks.
further when the market moves sideways u should consider trading options

mesayah
658 posts
msg #94861
Ignore mesayah
7/17/2010 7:50:23 PM

i luv elliot waves!! i also like astrology & numerology!!

marine2
963 posts
msg #94907
Ignore marine2
7/19/2010 2:52:41 AM

Gamble as you feel is appropriate during this topsey turvey market. It's like walking on fresh eggs you just dont know which ones will break on you in a bad way.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Only way to trade for now........<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.