StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Opinions on Direct Access platforms?<< >>Post Follow-up
abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #41612
Ignore abbabb1tt
2/27/2006 9:03:19 PM

Does anyone have an opinion on which of the following is best and why? Or at least which you use and why? From my research, it looks like cybertrader.com is best, but I don't any experience with any of these. Your help, as always, is appreciated!

Realtick.com
cybertrader.com
tradestation.com
interactivebrokers.com
MB Trading

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41618
Ignore alf44
2/27/2006 11:50:50 PM

Perhaps read this recent thread...

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1001&tid=40584

-------------------------

Just copy and paste into your Browser !

Maybe you've already read the suggested thread...if so read it again !

Good info !

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41619
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
2/28/2006 1:41:57 AM

For some reason, the link becomes altered when you post it. Try this modified link instead:

http://tinyurl.com/msyev

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41620
Ignore alf44
modified
2/28/2006 1:55:41 AM

...the link I posted seems fine to me !

Whatever !!!

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41621
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2006 2:23:36 AM

Alf, have you actually tried the link you posted? If you haven't yet, try it and tell me if I'm the only one having so much trouble. Your link takes me to the SF homepage. The reason is because part of the URL gets changed when the message is posted. Do you see the symbol "⊂" in the link? That should be read "forum..&..sub" (without the dots, which I add because it would once again alter it to "⊂" as I post this message). Hence the correct URL should read:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum..&..sub=view&fid=1001&tid=40584 (be sure to remove the dots)

But to bypass this problem, I shranked the URL courtesy of TinyURL.com

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41625
Ignore alf44
2/28/2006 8:37:32 AM

...when I copy and paste the link it works fine ! fwiw

Regards,

alf44

abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #41627
Ignore abbabb1tt
2/28/2006 10:49:56 AM

Yeah, I've read and re-read that post many times. From what I can see, those using Etrade & Ameritrade aren't looking for a direct access platform. But MB Trading is mentioned once in that thread and so is Cybertrader. I've looked into Tradestation and it also looks good. But my question was directed to serious traders who have experience with each platform or a couple of the ones I mentioned. I don't want an opinion from someone who only used Etrade. I want a serious trader who relies on an affordable, stable, FAST platform.

IF YOU HAVE USED ANY OF THE PLATFORMS I MENTIONED, PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES!!! Do you like it and why? What don't you like about it? Those kinds of things.

Thanks to everyone for your posts. And to those of you who had problems with alfies URL, it has to do with YOUR browser not his link. It doesn't warrant a post, just to say you can't copy his link. Get a decent browser. Sheesh! Thanks.....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41639
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
2/28/2006 3:19:55 PM

Interactive Brokers

Pro: Low commission, nearly free market data, ability to trade stocks, options, futures, and forex within one account, and access to international markets.

con: Lack of automated trading, no back testing, java-based platform, and third-class charts.
________

TradeStation

Pro: Low commission, excellent charts, automated trading with backtesting, and great customer support.

Con: Separate futures account required to trade futures, platform fee charged unless monthly trading quota met, monthly market data paid for separately, and requires one to learn EasyLanguage.
________

CyberTrader

Pro: Low commission, excellent charts, backtesting, and great customer support.

Con: No automated trading, forex not available, platform fee charged unless monthly trading quota met, monthly market data paid for separately.

My 2-cents: TradeStation and CyberTrader are two of the best direct-access firms on the market. I initially started with CyberTrader, but have since made the switch to TradeStation because it lacked backtesting and automated trading at the time. While CyberTrader offers nice charting and money management package, it ain't cheap. On a comparable note, TradeStation offers the same benefit at a greater discount than CyberTrader. Plus, you need only trade 25,000 shares (roughly 12 round trips of 1,000 shares) to use the platform for free, whereas CyberTrader requires 40,000. Interactive Brokers, on the other hand, may not have much cosmetic appeal but it delivers on efficiency. The order executions are just as fast as TradeStation or CyberTrader, and it offers diverse order types that will cater to traders of all walks of life. Although the charts that IB offers are nothing to brag about, you can integrate third-party APIs like QuoteTracker to monitor streaming realtime quotes and intraday charts.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41644
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2006 6:45:18 PM

Alf, you was right afta all. It's da friggin Firefox that was da culprit. It looks fine on IE6. Me stupid. Now I gotta get da damn thing straightened up in Firefox. BTW, Niko don't like anythang from the softies, especially with "micro" as their prefix. But to keep things in balance, he's long on MSFT.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Opinions on Direct Access platforms?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.