StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Options course / software / Coach<< >>Post Follow-up
chadik12000
6 posts
msg #96870
Ignore chadik12000
10/12/2010 5:22:50 PM

Did anyone try any options course / software / coach and made a difference in their trade so they would recommend it to other s .

If so please let me know

thanks !!

Chad

wkloss
231 posts
msg #96891
Ignore wkloss
10/13/2010 10:50:42 AM

chadik12000,

Before you pick a coach or software, you should investigate the different ways to trade options. Directional, income style, hedging etc? Well respected people have vastly different opinions so this is almost a chicken and egg situation.Here are a few of the better ones:

For income style trading, Dan Sheridan is the best. You can find a lot about him on sheridanmentoring.com. He is honest and doesn't nickle and dime you. He also has some great software. There are some free instructional videos of him at the CBOE site. The question is whether the markets will stay calm enough for income style trading. Jon Nagarian was one of the owners of Mercury Trading where Sheridan worked. Jon has said on several occasions that he doesn't like income style anymore.

Jeff Augen and Dan Passarelli are well respected. Both write weekly articles for SFO magazine which is a free publication. Augen doesn't offer much traditional education like seminars but he is probably the most creative person in the options industry. Passarelli offers traditional courses. Reading back issues of this publication would be worthwhile.

John Carter is well respected too.

Price Headly at Bigtrends seems like a brilliant person but several people I know, me included, have trouble making money with his methods and services.

There are several sites that specialize in covered calls. They offer some good web based software for finding trades.

You won't find many of these guys other than Headley who do much directional trading.

After several years learning from one of the above, I have come to the conclusion that the safest way to trade is deep in the money covered calls on quality stocks. I usually go out about 6 months or so and I get good downside protection.

Regarding software, you can find a lot of free software and free education on broker sites. Thinkorswim has great software but the learning curve is steep. OptionsXpress & Trademonster aren't quite as good but much less difficult to learn. I bought some stand alone software from one of the biggest names in the business. Big mistake. Be careful.

As you can see, I'm reluctant to trash anyone but I strongly suggest that you investigate first. The really difficult aspect is dealing with the totally opposite opinions regarding the different trading styles.

If you want more specific info on anything above, let me know.

Bill

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #96930
Ignore Eman93
10/14/2010 5:21:19 PM

The meat ball trading is free and kinda of interesting more of an income style I would say.... which is much better than the get rich quick BS...

I found this by scanning stock fetcher on the internet so i have no association to this site, I do not trade options at this time... but i do run his scan from time to time and its pretty solid .... so much advice and things to try... not enough time in the world..

http://themeatballeffect.com/

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Options course / software / Coach<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.