StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103088
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/25/2011 10:15:03 AM

The Quote of the Decade:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006!

Pass it on till eternity...
(...it was so nice of him to give us this great quote for posterity!)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103090
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
10/25/2011 10:25:56 AM

This video clearly shows that George Bush warned Congress starting in 2001 that this economic crisis was coming, if something was not done. But Congress refused to listen, along with the arrogant Congressman Barney Frank. This video says it all. The liberal media reportedly did not want this video on YouTube; it was taken off. This link is of the same video, but is routed through Canada.

Everyone in America needs to see this before it is yanked off the Internet again! Let's see how far we can spread it before it's pulled off the Canadian site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&NR=1

Perhaps someone here can download and preserve this video.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #103098
Ignore Mactheriverrat
10/25/2011 7:20:05 PM

Strange that Bush signed every budget that every congress ever sent him.
For that matter every President has signed every budget that every Congress has ever sent every President.

There are no clean hands here!

dangreene
229 posts
msg #103099
Ignore dangreene
10/25/2011 7:45:54 PM

This was from the White House, the Office of the Press Secretary on October 10, 2008.

Note the third paragraph.

www.hsdl.org/?view&did=234673

Spin that.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103104
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
10/26/2011 3:45:22 PM

In my inbox:

EVERY PERSON IN THE USA SHOULD SEE THIS!

JUST THINK, THIS WAS FORECASTED 62 YEARS AGO!

What can a cartoon, produced in 1948, teach us today, that's of any value? You'd be very surprised! Pay close attention! Keep in mind as you watch this that it was done in '1948'. Keep telling yourself that as you view it.
This is one of the best I have ever seen and it was produced in 1948. This should be viewed by every AMERICAN. Click on 1948 Cartoon below - this cartoon is timeless and is just as true today as it was in 1948!

Make Mine Freedom (1948)

http://youtu.be/mVh75ylAUXY

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103105
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/26/2011 4:34:15 PM

In my inbox:

It's a sort of flow-chart with severe implications ...

Deleveraging, dwindling demand, and declining monetary velocity denote deflation on a global scale. Take a look at this flow-chart and then get back to the mother ship immediately!

https://www.mcssl.com/content/166063/CC/102611_CC_final.pdf

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103269
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/9/2011 7:46:18 AM

In my inbox...

Posted By Marybeth Hicks On October 19, 2011

Call it an occupational hazard, but I can’t look at the Occupy Wall Street protesters without thinking, “Who parented these people?”

As a culture columnist, I’ve commented on the social and political ramifications of the “movement” – now known as “OWS” – whose fairyland agenda can be summarized by one of their placards: “Everything for everybody.”

Thanks to their pipe-dream platform, it’s clear there are people with serious designs on “transformational” change in America who are using the protesters like bedsprings in a brothel.

Yet it’s not my role as a commentator that prompts my parenting question, but rather the fact that I’m the mother of four teens and young adults. There are some crucial life lessons that the protesters’ moms clearly have not passed along.

Here, then, are five things the OWS protesters’ mothers should have taught their children but obviously didn’t, so I will:

• Life isn’t fair. The concept of justice – that everyone should be treated fairly – is a worthy and worthwhile moral imperative on which our nation was founded. But justice and economic equality are not the same. Or, as Mick Jagger [2] said, “You can’t always get what you want.”

No matter how you try to “level the playing field,” some people have better luck, skills, talents or connections that land them in better places. Some seem to have all the advantages in life but squander them, others play the modest hand they’re dealt and make up the difference in hard work and perseverance, and some find jobs on Wall Street and eventually buy houses in the Hamptons. Is it fair? Stupid question.

• Nothing is “free.” Protesting with signs that seek “free” college degrees and “free” health care make you look like idiots, because colleges and hospitals don’t operate on rainbows and sunshine. There is no magic money machine to tap for your meandering educational careers and “slow paths” to adulthood, and the 53 percent of taxpaying Americans owe you neither a degree nor an annual physical.

While I’m pointing out this obvious fact, here are a few other things that are not free: overtime for police officers and municipal workers, trash hauling, repairs to fixtures and property, condoms, Band-Aids and the food that inexplicably appears on the tables in your makeshift protest kitchens. Real people with real dollars are underwriting your civic temper tantrum.

• Your word is your bond. When you demonstrate to eliminate student loan debt, you are advocating precisely the lack of integrity you decry in others. Loans are made based on solemn promises to repay them. No one forces you to borrow money; you are free to choose educational pursuits that don’t require loans, or to seek technical or vocational training that allows you to support yourself and your ongoing educational goals. Also, for the record, being a college student is not a state of victimization. It’s a privilege that billions of young people around the globe would die for – literally.

• A protest is not a party. On Saturday in New York, while making a mad dash from my cab to the door of my hotel to avoid you, I saw what isn’t evident in the newsreel footage of your demonstrations: Most of you are doing this only for attention and fun. Serious people in a sober pursuit of social and political change don’t dance jigs down Sixth Avenue like attendees of a Renaissance festival. You look foolish, you smell gross, you are clearly high and you don’t seem to realize that all around you are people who deem you irrelevant.

• There are reasons you haven’t found jobs. The truth? Your tattooed necks, gauged ears, facial piercings and dirty dreadlocks are off-putting. Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity isn’t a virtue. Occupy reality: Only 4 percent of college graduates are out of work. If you are among that 4 percent, find a mirror and face the problem. It’s not them. It’s you.

(© 2011 Marybeth Hicks)

PS by Charles Seamone: My generation got to where we are the hard way. WE EARNED IT. Shedding some blood, sweat and tears never killed anyone. Get to work young Canada! You have to stop being a burden on society!

This was written before a young girl died of a drug overdose in a cardboard camp on the streets of Vancouver.

===================

Question by TRO....

Why "protesters’ mothers" and not protesters’ parents? A sign of the times??

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #103372
Ignore johnpaulca
11/16/2011 10:34:03 AM

As I came out of the supermarket that sunny day, pushing my cart of groceries towards my car, I saw an old man with the hood of his car up and a lady sitting inside the car, with the door open.

The old man was looking at the engine. I put my groceries away in my car, and continued to watch the old gentleman from about twenty five feet away..

I saw a young man in his early twenties with a grocery bag in his arm walking towards the old man. The old gentleman saw him coming too, and took a few steps towards him.

I saw the old gentleman point to his open hood and say something. The young man put his grocery bag into what looked like a brand new Cadillac Escalade. He then turned back to the old man.. I heard him yell at the old gentleman saying:

'You shouldn't even be allowed to drive a car at your age.' And then with a wave of his hand, he got in his car and peeled rubber out of the parking lot.

I saw the old gentleman pull out his handkerchief, and mop his brow as he went back to his car and again looked at the engine.

He then went to his wife and spoke with her; he appeared to tell her it would be okay. I had seen enough, and I approached the old man. He saw me coming and stood straight, and as I got near him I said, 'Looks like you're having a problem.'

He smiled sheepishly, and quietly nodded his head. I looked under the hood myself, and knew that whatever the problem was, it was beyond me. Looking around, I saw a gas station up the road, and I told the old man that I would be right back. I drove to the station and went I inside. I saw three attendants working on cars. I approached one of them, and related the problem the old man had with his car. I offered to pay them if they could follow me back down and help him.

The old man had pushed the heavy car under the shade of a tree and appeared to be comforting his wife When he saw us he straightened up and thanked me for my help. As the mechanics diagnosed the problem (overheated engine), I spoke with the old gentleman.

When I shook hands with him earlier, he had noticed my Marine Corps ring and had commented about it, telling me that he had been a Marine too. I nodded and asked the usual question, 'What outfit did you serve with?'

He had mentioned that he served with the first Marine Division at Tarawa, Saipan, Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal ....

He had hit all the big ones and retired from the Corps after the war was over. As we talked we heard the car engine come on and saw the mechanics lower the hood. They came over to us as the old man reached for his wallet, but was stopped by me. I told him I would just put the bill on my AAA card.

He still reached for the wallet and handed me a card that I assumed had his name and address on it and I stuck it in my pocket. We all shook hands all around again, and I said my goodbye's to his wife.

I then told the two mechanics that I would follow them back up to the station. Once at the station, I told them that they had interrupted their own jobs to come along with me and help the old man. I said I wanted to pay for the help, but they refused to charge me

One of them pulled out a card from his pocket, looking exactly like the card the old man had given to me. Both of the men told me then that they were Marine Corps Reserves. Once again we shook hands all around and as I was leaving, one of them told me I should look at the card the old man had given to me. I said I would and drove off.

For some reason I had gone about two blocks, when I pulled over and took the card out of my pocket and looked at it for a long, long time. The name of the old gentleman was on the card in golden leaf and under his name was written:'Congressional Medal of Honor Society.'

I sat there motionless, looking at the card and reading it over and over. I looked up from the card and smiled to no one but myself and marveled that on this day, four Marines had all come together because one of us needed help. He was an old man all right, but it felt good to have stood next to greatness and courage, and an honor to have been in his presence. Remember, OLD men like him gave you FREEDOM for America . Thanks to those who served and still serve, and to all of those who supported them, and who continue to support them.

America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war.. America is at the Mall. If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
Remember, Freedom isn't Free. Thousands have paid the price, so that you can enjoy what you have today.
LET'S DO THIS: JUST 19 WORDS:
GOD OUR FATHER, WALK THROUGH MY HOUSE AND TAKE AWAY ALL MY WORRIES; AND PLEASE WATCH OVER AND HEAL MY FAMILY; AND PLEASE PROTECT OUR FREEDOMS, AND WATCH OVER OUR TROOPS, WHO ARE DEFENDING THOSE FREEDOMS.AMEN

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103380
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/16/2011 7:01:36 PM

WATCH

History Channel, After Armageddon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r97xoSOEjM

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #103441
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/22/2011 2:58:54 PM

How SOPA would affect you: FAQ

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57329001-281/how-sopa-would-affect-you-faq/?tag=epicStories

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.