StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Perhaps I Erred When I Posted<< >>Post Follow-up
wkloss
231 posts
msg #93879
Ignore wkloss
6/15/2010 2:46:59 PM

It has come to my attention that I may have erred when I worded my previous post this way:

What Are The Best 5 Filters on SF?

It was not my intention to start a controversy or a bragging war or whatever. All I'm asking is....if you had a friend who was new to SF, which filters would you suggest they look at, knowing that they can't read every post?

I'm burned out on reading books, researching systems, backtesting etc. I want to move from thinking about trading to actually trading. I'm sure there are a number of good to great systems that have been shared by members of the Forum and I'm just trying develop a list of some to consider.

If the wording of my previous post suggested that I was trying to start a contest or something, please accept my apology.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

Bill

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #93881
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/15/2010 3:18:25 PM

You did not err when you posted - you simply opened the door for others to act in accordance with their basic nature.

The best question to ask would be - what filter (not your own) would you trade if you only could use 1 filter?

I would also point out that you need to specific your preferred timeframe - day trades, swing trades, longer term trading.

wkloss
231 posts
msg #93883
Ignore wkloss
6/15/2010 3:54:17 PM

As Kevin suggested in his post, I am restating my question as follows:

The best question to ask would be - what filter (not your own) would you trade if you only could use 1 filter?

My preferred time frames are swing trades and longer term trades.

Thanks Kevin.

mesayah
658 posts
msg #93884
Ignore mesayah
6/15/2010 4:19:25 PM

I would trade Kevin's Indicator

straken
469 posts
msg #93885
Ignore straken
6/15/2010 7:29:30 PM

''The best question to ask would be - what filter (not your own) would you trade if you only could use 1 filter?''

Then I would not trade.

Because you can learn from your mistakes, and it is better to do that than duplicate the mistakes of others.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #93913
Ignore petrolpeter
6/16/2010 12:34:05 PM

You can't just use 1 filter,the market goes in 2 directions.Also An oversold filter may have been full last week and empty this week therefore filters should be built in stages.

mesayah
658 posts
msg #93914
Ignore mesayah
modified
6/16/2010 12:58:24 PM

I would concentrate on triple indice etfs with some
sort of indicator. I do not disclose mine but some nice
folks out here do. Why bother with many stocks &
added commissions & risk... Keep asking around
and they will post their filters.

I can't tell you what to do but you can go look @
Kevin's thread VXX:SPY ratio accurately calls recent tops and
in filters exchange. It has been accurate for about a year but does
not insure or assure it will be accurate in the future.
It currently has you long in SPY. I personally thinks it lags a bit and i
am in TZA...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Perhaps I Erred When I Posted<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.