StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Profitable<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
jlmj
4 posts
msg #39857
Ignore jlmj
1/1/2006 10:42:36 PM

would some of you fundalmentalists post some recomended fundamental criteria
you find to be important?
That we could plug into something like yahoo finance stock screener to get a watch list

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #39863
Ignore markcrisp
1/2/2006 5:56:06 AM

...and YOU write as if this ISN't a "fact"...When it IS !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No it's not...it's your belief. BIG difference.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39864
Ignore alf44
1/2/2006 11:44:16 AM

...I CLEARLY stated "All in my opinion of course" !

You CAN READ can't you ?

Give it a break, mark !!!

Here's a thought ! Why don't YOU answer the previous poster's question and provide some "MEANINGFUL" funny-mental criteria to scan for to create a Watch List ? Come on...let's hear it, mark ! You seem to think fundies are SO important for short-term trading...let us ALL in on some of your insights !

I'm betting you WON'T offer "jack"...because what I say is true !

Fundamentals are MEANINGLESS to a short-term trader !

Everything that CAN be known is IN THE CHART...and in the PRICE ACTION !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39866
Ignore alf44
1/2/2006 1:13:53 PM

...uhhh...All In My Opinion Of Course ! :)

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39871
Ignore EWZuber
1/2/2006 4:00:27 PM

jlmj, The first fundamental I look at is the projected earnings over the next two quarters then yearly. I then look to see if the estimates have been increased or decreased lately. These are very big drivers of PPS. The companies that continue these astronomical climbs are consisently growing earnings and increasing their quarterly EPS estimates.

Other important numbers are ROI,ROA, Total Assets, and Total Liabiities, Long Term Debt. When looking at a earnings statement make sure that the company didn't have a good quarter from unloading a bunch of inventory from non-current operations.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #39876
Ignore nikoschopen
1/2/2006 8:33:16 PM

I belong to the neither/nor camp, so I'll just throw in my 2-cents worth of jeezus-I'm-a-jeenius banter: Charts don't lie. Perhaps my point is too simplistic. Allow me to explain. No matter how the company fares on a quarterly or a yearly basis, it will be registered on the chart, which is a direct reflection of what the "smart money" thinks or wants the market to be at the given moment. Whether you're a fundie or a techie, why fight the tape? Just go with the flow.

Without the intention of crossing the same path with Alf, I'm not sure what he means by time-horizon. It's a truism to think that timing doesn't matter to a day-trader, unless you're an idiot. Hence, Time-horizon, if I'm not mistaken, should matter to all types of trader. But, then again, it's so much easier said than done.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39877
Ignore alf44
1/2/2006 8:43:54 PM

...you could've avoided all that by just saying...

"I agree completely with what alf said" ... because, you obviously do !

As for "Time Horizon"...I'm sure you know what I mean. It's fairly obvious.

Regards,

alf44

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39886
Ignore EWZuber
1/3/2006 3:04:21 AM

nikoschopen, this isn't a debate about charts vs fundamentals. It's about charts and fundamentals working together. I agree that 'charts do not lie'. You probably do not deal with Quarterly Charts but consider this.
A stock that has been is distribution for a long time, possibly years. The company has been running increasing losses. Quarterly Chart stochastics Fast %K and Slow %D line are converging. Looks like the stock is going to bottom. Maybe a little oversold bounce?
Looking up the fundamentals it seems the company is projecting their first profit in years this quarter and projecting improvements next quarter and the complete FY.
However the charts just indicate another junk bomb stock about to have a technical bounce but the fundamentals tell you this is likely to be one heck of a ride. This is one I would be trading on a continual basis, possibly for a year or more. Very nice to see this coming and be prepared.
A junkbomb stock would probably have a decent bounce and then retrace most or more likely, all the gains, then resume its downtrend.
With radically improving fundamentals over a long period the stock is more likely to make huge gains hold most of them and form a new uptrend that could be traded over a long period to improve returns.

I have traded many junk bomb sub $5 stocks and what I have found is that you had better be ready to take any gains at the first indication of a violation of support because there is no real reason for the stock to bounce other than someone with BigMoney is taking advantage of the fact that sellers are exhausted. They will run it up, often within minutes or a couple hours and when retail traders jump on the increases in PPS and volume, Big Money sells them the shares that they bought 20% cheaper and sell the thing back down, cleaning up the retailer.
However when there is fundamental reason for the buying, more shares are held because they are actually worth something now and will likely be worth a lot more in the near future. Because of that Big Money will accumulate for extended periods. Support areas will typically hold much better because of the accumulation and the risk/reward tilts heavily in your favor.

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #39887
Ignore jclaffee
1/3/2006 3:18:17 AM

Thanks, EWZ; well stated. That might have been "Larry Livingston" writing!

Jim

28 posts
msg #39894
Ignore MODERATOR
1/3/2006 10:25:35 AM

This message has been removed by StockFetcher.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Profitable<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.