StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question about Coca Cola's Upcoming Stock Split<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #106024
Ignore marine2
4/26/2012 2:02:07 PM

Coca Cola Company will be asking its shareholders their vote of approval in splitting the stock 2 to 1. My question to anyone out here that can answer it is, they stated that the split would be for any shareholder having the shares this coming August, does that mean if I bought the shares now I would be included in the split action and get the extra shares?

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #106027
Ignore johnpaulca
modified
4/26/2012 3:43:14 PM

Yes....dilution of shares are not such a good thing....imho

miketranz
956 posts
msg #106032
Ignore miketranz
4/26/2012 6:29:41 PM

Yes your shares would be included.I'm going along with John on this one.Years ago a stock split was a good thing.A high percentage of the time shortly after,the stock would go up.In this day and age,it's a coin flip.Remember,when a stock splits,you double your size (shares),but decrease your price 50% in a 2/1.Its an even trade off.The theory behind it is more investors can afford the stock so the buying pressure goes up.Not always so....

marine2
963 posts
msg #106036
Ignore marine2
4/26/2012 11:03:54 PM

Thanks for your responses on my question. Even though you both frown on buying into companies that are splitting it just seems that with Coco Cola's successful history and popularity maybe they would be the rare company you might want to own when a split occurs. Seeing their moat they have along with their dividends they provide to which is popular again, it would seem a good bet to ride with them at the new split price. If Warren Buffet loves this company then so do I. Of course timed buying is important too relative to market conditions. Using a favorite filter from this wonderful site would provide the tool to get in at the right time. Happy investing!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question about Coca Cola's Upcoming Stock Split<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.