StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · REPORT OFFENSIVE POST FEATURE<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #44325
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/28/2006 10:06:57 AM

REPORT OFFENSIVE POST FEATURE

What happens if I click?

What are the rules?

If X number of people report a post as offensive, does the post get deleted and/or the poster lose their posting rights?

tomb
267 posts
msg #44415
Ignore tomb
5/30/2006 8:13:02 AM

Hi,

Due to the amount of time we have had to spend reviewing and monitoring forum posts, we have had to implement this feature. There is not set rule on what messages will be deleted, i.e. this is not an automatic censor feature; however, it alerts us to messages that may need review.

Unfortunately, this means we had to devote time to implementing this forum feature as opposed to time spent on new indicators, screening features and functions (for example, Fisher Transform and a 'round' function.)

The StockFetcher forums are intended to be an "add-on" to StockFetcher's technical stock screening and analysis by allowing the StockFetcher community to discuss a wide range of applicable topics. As the forums begin to distract from the core functionality of StockFetcher, we have to question their benefit to the overall product.

Hopefully we can continue in the intended spirit of the StockFetcher forums and refrain from threads which stray from this.

Thank you. And as always, please let us know if you have any questions.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #44463
Ignore Koronbock
5/31/2006 4:15:29 PM

Tom,

as an "old" member being with SF since its inception, I wholheartedly support your new "feature". I still remember the times when we had terrific discussions about filters, trading strategies and a warm and hospitable atmoshpere in the forum.

Fortunately, we still have all of this (sometimes) but countless times I was shocked to see people posting everything from personal attacks, stupid "my filter is better than yours" arguments to outright slander and agressive name calling. How low can people be?

I hope that this new feature will get us back to being respectful, polite and supportive with each other.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #44469
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/1/2006 5:32:21 AM

"Due to the amount of time we have had to spend reviewing and monitoring forum posts, we have had to implement this feature. There is not set rule on what messages will be deleted, i.e. this is not an automatic censor feature; however, it alerts us to messages that may need review.

Unfortunately, this means we had to devote time to implementing this forum feature as opposed to time spent on new indicators, screening features and functions (for example, Fisher Transform and a 'round' function.) "

You could have used the "3 strike rule".

Warn the person.

If they still do it, warn them again.

If they still do it, strike three, they're out, no more posting.

That would free up your time to create the ROUND FUNCTION!

dangreene
229 posts
msg #44473
Ignore dangreene
6/1/2006 9:00:22 AM

TheRumpledOne said "That would free up your time to create the ROUND FUNCTION!"
-------------------------------------------------

AND FISHER TRANSFORM!

Stocksight
33 posts
msg #44566
Ignore Stocksight
6/3/2006 2:37:15 AM

"That would free up your time to create the ROUND FUNCTION!"
A TRUNCATE FUNCTION would be valuable too.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44618
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
6/5/2006 1:45:56 PM

When a thread is popped to the top without there being a new post, it apparently means that the new post was deleted by the forum nanny. But it is disconcerting to see such a post eradicated, however offsensive in nature it might be, without acknowledging that it ever existed. You should at least give credit to the poster for the time and effort one took to write the post by perhaps replacing the content of the post with a message, "deleted by the forum moderator", but leave the poster's name alone. Otherwise, one simply wouldn't know that it ever existed.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · REPORT OFFENSIVE POST FEATURE<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.