StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Relative Strength - Help<< >>Post Follow-up
Lanclos
5 posts
msg #127019
Ignore Lanclos
1/29/2016 12:26:09 PM

Can someone help me with Relative Strength compared to SPX?

When I use the following commands, I do not get anything like what I get in StockCharts.com - Can someone help me figure out why? I am using the stock "D" for Dominion Resources. Things I have tried ...

draw comparative relative strength(^SPX,90)
compare with ^SPX
draw comparison chart(^SPX)
set {rs,Relative Strength(^SPX,45)}
draw cma(relative strength(^SPX,45), 10)

To replicate this ...

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=D&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p75599114292

In StockCharts the Relative Strength graph when compared to the SPX and the EMA is what I am trying to replicate in SF

Thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #127029
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/29/2016 2:30:45 PM

That graph is actually the ratio of D:$SPX, with the ema(20) of that ratio drawn on the graph.

Try this (here I will use SPY instead of $SPX, which is only updated each day AFTER the market closes):

Fetcher[
set{ratio, ind(D,close) / ind(SPY, close)}
set{ratioema, cema(ratio, 20)}

symlist(d)
draw ratioema on plot ratio
]

Lanclos
5 posts
msg #127117
Ignore Lanclos
2/3/2016 10:19:58 PM

This is great!! - thanks - one last follow up - how would i do this for all stocks? - in other words, show all stocks that are trading higher than their relative strength compared to the SPY

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #127150
Ignore mahkoh
2/4/2016 3:46:50 PM

Fetcher[
set{ratio, close / ind(SPY, close)}
set{ratioema, cema(ratio, 20)}
ratio above ratioema
s&p 500
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Relative Strength - Help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.