StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Room 4 Thought...<< >>Post Follow-up
TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #83142
Ignore TrendSurfer
11/16/2009 1:10:44 PM

After spending a little time looking around the forum this weekend, which I do every once in a while. I rarely start a thread here..

I noticed some are trying to use/create a bearish scan simply by turning a bullish scan uside down with the formula.

If one has accepted the markets are driven by fear and greed, then wouldn't it follow you would have to agree the the EMOTION of FEAR and GREED would set-up and trigger differently?

Do you react the same when you are fearful as you do when you are greedy??? If you seek out that answer in the emotions of others, sometimes just a tweak or two in a good scan, can make it great.

Sometimes, it's the simplist of things, that can make the biggest difference. Explore this thought further and see what you may come up with...

TS

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #83145
Ignore chetron
modified
11/16/2009 2:38:14 PM

FEAR AND GREED ARE simultaneous.

BEARs ARE GREEDY WHEN BULLS ARE FEARFUL
BULLS ARE GREEDY WHEN BEARS ARE FEARFUL

SO AREN'T YOU STILL REDUCED TO LONG/SHORT MARKET ACTION

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #83147
Ignore TrendSurfer
11/16/2009 3:48:22 PM

cheton - I hear what you are saying and agree with the two lines in middle as isolated statements - however if I understand by simultaneous to mean everything happens existing, occurring, or operating at the same time, and that scans can simply be flipped upside down and expect set-ups and/or triggers days to be the same, I'm my camp I would say no...

All one has to do is look at the charts and see the price action/reaction and/or follow through has different emotional needs, thus are not the same or do they manifest in the same way, thus maybe we should adjust a scan and/or entry/exit methods for for that.

I think most experienced would admit that as little as a single day can make all the difference in an interpretation to take a trade at that moment or not, and if that is true it would wise to make sure the scan is optimized specifically with that in mind.

And for a little deeper thought, wouldn't someone looking to initiate a trade or add another, be in a completely emotional state that someone already in a trade looking for an exit and even further, whether or not they are in a profit or a lose at the time.

Things that make you go hummmmmmm!

Plenty of room for thought here, I'll leave it for the rest to add more here if a thought or two was provoked, thanks cheton you do work here that benefits all...

TS

four
5,087 posts
msg #83164
Ignore four
11/16/2009 10:18:56 PM

"FEAR AND GREED ARE simultaneous.

BEARs ARE GREEDY WHEN BULLS ARE FEARFUL
BULLS ARE GREEDY WHEN BEARS ARE FEARFUL

SO AREN'T YOU STILL REDUCED TO LONG/SHORT MARKET ACTION "

--

Yes, simultaneous.

However, which is over weighted at the MOMENT--more fear or more greed? ... or equal? ...Supply and Demand.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Room 4 Thought...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.