StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SWING TRADING<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #57369
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/2/2007 1:14:41 PM

Klynn;

I HAVE EXPLAINED...

ENTER AT/NEAR THE OPEN, AT/NEAR THE OPEN PRICE.

It is THAT SIMPLE.

Use the FADE THE GAP to determine your bias for the day. Gap up.. fade short, and gap down... fade long.

For AAPL, RIMM, and the rest of my "cows"...

The "Buy Zone":

LONG AT OPEN +.10 TO +.20 when price moving up

SHORT AT OPEN -.10 TO -.20 when price moving down

Then take nickles, dimes, quarters or more.

The stop loss is a natural at the open price because if you are long and the price is MOVING DOWN then you need to exit and reverse.

Fetcher[
/* TRO STAT SCAN */

set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)}
set{ClxCl , CCa - CCb}

add column ClxCl

/* Long Profit Statistics Display */

set{volcnt, count(volume above 1000000, 100) }
set{volzero, count(volume equal 0, 100) }

set{HiOp, high - open}
set{OpLo, open - low }
set{Long_Profit, HiOp }

set{B1A, count(Long_Profit > 00 , 100)}
set{B2A, count(Long_Profit > .10, 100)}
set{B0010, B1A - B2A}

set{F1A, count(Long_Profit > .10, 100)}
set{F2A, count(Long_Profit > .50, 100)}
set{F3040, F1A - F2A}

set{I100, count(Long_Profit > .50 , 100)}

add column HiOp
add column OpLo
add column Long_Profit {ProfitPct}

and add column B0010 {0_.10}
and add column F3040 {.10_50}
and add column I100 {.50 plus}

and add column volcnt
and add column volzero

symlist(aapl,rimm,crox,wynn,isrg,bidu,goog)

sort column 11 descending
]

Run the filter and look at the results.

Do you see the .50 plus column? That's the number of days out of the last 100 days the stock went from open to high 50 cents or more!

Trade 1000 shares and that's $500 a day.

That's the explanation and the proof.

It is so simple... either you SEE IT or you DON'T.

Once you SEE IT, then you can USE IT and MAKE MONEY.

New traders SEE IT right away because they don't know about SQUIGGLY LINE INDICATORS.

Finally, Klynn, for the 100th time... IT'S NOT THE FILTER!!

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!!

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #57374
Ignore EWZuber
12/2/2007 2:45:14 PM

That type of intraday trading can only be used if you do not have to deal with the Pattern Day Trading rule.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #57375
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/2/2007 3:20:21 PM

"That type of intraday trading can only be used if you do not have to deal with the Pattern Day Trading rule."

DUH!

We're talking about daytrading/scalpling!!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57383
Ignore nikoschopen
12/2/2007 4:15:35 PM

Do you see the .50 plus column? That's the number of days out of the last 100 days the stock went from open to high 50 cents or more!

Now, c'mon, I'm no less of a scalper than you! How can you justify that this 50-cent move happens immediately when you entered ure trade or gradually throughout the day with several violent gyrations in between? I think this would be a HUGE mistake for newbies to blindly follow.

But then, as usual, it's not what you trade but how...

Well, even though he never reveals his own trades, he does have a point.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #57384
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/2/2007 4:41:05 PM

Niko... did you READ EVERYTHING THAT I WROTE?

I never ASSUME it goes straight to +.50!!

I say take your profit quick and don't be greedy... learn to scalp nickels and dimes and THEN after you MASTER that, you can make more.

Check this out:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=970&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

After reading, either you SEE IT or YOU DON'T.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #57390
Ignore klynn55
12/2/2007 5:30:35 PM

TRO: you wrote:" you either see it or you don't" Ah, ha, you should have taken some education credits in college. Patience, please, teach us to fish! Then, your name will be remembered in years to come.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57391
Ignore nikoschopen
12/2/2007 5:49:10 PM

Like I said, you would be wise to "walk the talk" by showing us some live examples of ure actual trades. Personally, I'm of the opinion that buying the open (or buy zone as you call it) simply doesn't work. Well, it might work for the first scalp trade of 10-cents. BUT THEN WHAT??

Do you wait for it to retrace below the open and hope to get in when it crosses back above the open? What happens when it stays above the open but ure no longer in the trade? What do you consider as the next "buy zone" then?

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #57392
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
12/2/2007 5:56:12 PM

Humility is a beautiful thing.

Individual style is a beautiful thing.

I make money consistently with a technique that works for me.

I know others who make more and those who make less. They each have their own style.

The common thread is learning new techniques. Not necessarily chasing techniques or "Holy Grail's", but in LEARNING the "whys".

So, in teaching, teach. In lecturing, lecture. In training, train.

Humility is a beautiful thing.

Patience is a close second. :)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57395
Ignore nikoschopen
12/2/2007 6:34:01 PM

I can't help but play the devil's advocate when I read something as vain as I say take your profit quick and don't be greedy... learn to scalp nickels and dimes and THEN after you MASTER that, you can make more.

TRO makes it sounds as if scalping is an easy endeavor when in fact it's the hardest trading strategy to master. The easiest, on the contrary, is the buy-and-simply-forget plays. My biggest gripe is that TRO makes you assume that you can't go wrong with his long list of filters. But when did we ever hear him talk about losses? He assumes that ure automatically entitled to winning trades if you blindly follow his advice, but what happens if ure trades go against you immediately?

A successful scalper in my mind is one who exercises the draconian discipline of controlling losses just as fast as profit is made. In that regard, I have no doubt TRO is as good a scalper as he claims himself to be.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #57396
Ignore curmudgeon
12/2/2007 6:36:42 PM

I'm with Niko on this. Stats are stats. Whether something actually moves one way or the other because I drew a line and the price crossed is no guarantee that it keeps moving in that direction even .01.

I'm sitting here looking at stock after stock where it gaps up and keeps going one day and then gap up and shoots straight down then bottoms and moves higher.

I still say fluid, moving averages are better.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SWING TRADING<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.