StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Short Interest<< >>Post Follow-up
fokane
74 posts
msg #55222
Ignore fokane
9/26/2007 7:01:01 AM

Hi, I want to add short interest, days to cover, to my filter.. can it be done and how?

PTE97
14 posts
msg #55343
Ignore PTE97
modified
9/28/2007 2:57:54 PM

I am looking for that also (short interest ratio)

fokane
74 posts
msg #55370
Ignore fokane
9/29/2007 1:33:52 PM

So there at least 2 of us looking for this. Stockfetcher please add short interest..

tomb
267 posts
msg #55373
Ignore tomb
9/29/2007 2:30:35 PM

Unfortunately, at this time we are do not have access to "Short Interest" from our data provider. If we are able to add it in the future, we will be sure to post an update.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #55383
Ignore karennma
9/29/2007 6:50:17 PM

I don't know if this well help you any .....
A couple of people here subscribe to IBD.
I believe IBD has an online service called "DAILYGRAPHS", which has short interest info.
I don't have a sub to IBD so I can't be sure, but maybe someone else here who has a sub can verify.
I do, however have a sub to the WSJ which has very comprehensive info. on short interest.
But it only goes up to 9/14/07. I wonder why? .. Anyway ...
I tried to cut & paste some of the info. here, but there's so much info. it was all bunched up together.
Anyway, the online sub to WSJ is cheap - $99 for 1 year if you're interested. I must admit, as "dense" as I am, I was stunneded by all the short interest stats. It would be nice to have a "voice" chat to discuss this stuff, which I found fascinating!
I will revisit it tonite and try to make heads or tails of everything.
There's also shortsqueeze.com, which has short interest scans, etc.
Fascinating stuff!
http://www.shortsqueeze.com/short-screener.php
Or ...
Ever seen 247wallst.?

http://www.247wallst.com/2007/09/september-nyse-.html

fokane
74 posts
msg #55400
Ignore fokane
9/30/2007 7:09:22 AM

Ok thanks Tom and Karen.
I can find short interest no problem if i know the ticker to look up but i was hoping to add it to some filters to do the work for me. I've been missing out on some good short squeezes. I mean look at BMRN.
thanks again for the links etc.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #55403
Ignore karennma
9/30/2007 8:46:22 AM

Fokane:
Here what the WSJ online grid says re: BMRN:

Company ..... 9/14/07 .......... 8/15/07 .......... %Chg ........ Avg Dly
.....................................................................................................Vol
BMRN ...........18,405,890 .. 20,822,520 .. .. -11.61 .. .. 1,415,137

So ... what does that tell ya'?
:>)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Short Interest<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.