StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Squeeze 'em by the "BOLLs"<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
Muddy
55 posts
msg #49504
Ignore Muddy
1/24/2007 2:01:40 PM

Petro,
Very good comments.

Glad I don't have that problem with that stupid daytrading rule.

From the live chat today regarding CNLG
(Jan 24-12:44) TraderJJ: i had some at 2.05, none from under 2 darn
(Jan 24-12:45) Muddy: mine was 2.50

Right now it's at 4.38 !!

cord1ell
8 posts
msg #49520
Ignore cord1ell
1/24/2007 7:43:28 PM

Question for anyone:

To find a breakout, would I simply look for a close above the upper BB and a surge in volume?

Thanks in advance.

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #49531
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
1/24/2007 11:06:25 PM

a breakout can be in either direction ... A "by the book" break-out is when the body (or a large part of the body) for a single period is outside the bands.... is usually confirmed with a spike in volume. Try an catch it before it breaks...

Do you think BRKA will break soon ?

cord1ell
8 posts
msg #49535
Ignore cord1ell
1/25/2007 12:20:04 AM

Thanks Lockwhiz. Do you have a breakout scan that you use?

Re: BRKA, It has a long body and short tail and closed below the MA(50) so I personally would be looking for a doji or a hammer to give me a clue if it might be near a bottom--but I'm only looking at the long side.

Muddy
55 posts
msg #49540
Ignore Muddy
1/25/2007 6:43:50 AM

"To find a breakout, would I simply look for a close above the upper BB and a surge in volume?"

I run a filter to show stocks that have gained more than 8% in the last day.
I run a filter to show stocks that have increased their average volume(90) by 300% in the last day.

You should read this also from: http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/index.html
Tuesday, December 5, 2006
FINDING UBB ZONE (EMA13/SMA20) PULLBACKS

IMO after many years of trading one of the best "filters" ever.
See NTMD chart for example,sq/vol/break 1/12,hit zone 1/22 at 2.66,closed yesterday at 3.22
Some folks use EMA5 also to catch a "flag" pattern.

bielyplafon
42 posts
msg #50475
Ignore bielyplafon
3/8/2007 7:58:46 AM

Muddy,
do you follow/trade sq/vol/break stock the next day their are shown or you just follow them and wait for pullback e.g. to MZ? I doubt :o) Do you use your HOD for this?

I'm trying to find some entry method based on intraday data but I'm failing.
Could you please describe a little bid your approach?

Thank you
Best regards
bp

Muddy
55 posts
msg #50518
Ignore Muddy
3/10/2007 9:10:06 PM

Hi BP,

I put stocks which hit my sq/vol/br on a watchlist for as long as up to 20 days as long as they maintain a decent volume.
I consider a trade on them in various ways,a pullback into the MZ(sma20,ema13)with a pop on volume,a flag pattern or just a continuation with a ubb walker on higher than avg volume.
And yes I see them on the scrolling HOD which I stalk constantly while I'm trading.
For me it's very important to keep these on a watch for up to 3 weeks because many will breakout again nicely and some b/o big.

Look at the WITM chart on 1/30,up 17% on a vol increase from 366k to 1.8 mil it gained for another week then fell into the MZ and on the 14th day it popped huge on a vol increase from 700k to 2.5 mil.
Then it soared over 100% in just 4 days and then retraced to the MZ again and on the 13th day this time on another vol increase gained 24%.
Each time it started to move I saw it near it's start on the HOD list.
Some like LJPC which hit the scan as a watch for Fri after gaining over 30% on vol from 71k to 3.3 mil jump the next day which is why I watch them from day 1.
I caught this early on the HOD list and at it's hod Friday was up an incredible 66% from it's close on Thurs.

BP, if you can make it into my chat one day next week let me know in the chat you're in the room and I'll talk with you there.
I'll try to help you out with your entries,
Regards,Muddy

Muddy
55 posts
msg #50549
Ignore Muddy
3/12/2007 9:56:37 PM

Some stocks from the sq/vol/br like WITM and LJPC mentioned in the post above just
can be quite amazing at times.

Today:
WITM + 17.65%
LJPC + 30.29%

If in get ready to "TRAIL and BAIL"

bielyplafon
42 posts
msg #50550
Ignore bielyplafon
3/13/2007 1:46:24 AM

Hi Muddy,

I want to ask where were / would be your entry points on these 2?

WITM - in last 4 days (watching due to MZ pull back) my entry point would be 9-Mar, 12:40-12:45 (I follow 5min chart) due to: green, higher volumes from morning comparing to previous 2 days, 12:35 volume-spike

LJPC - on watchlist due to 8-Mar break... I would enter at 11:25-11:30 due to: green, higher volume from morning than previous day, 50cents level break, 11:20-11:25 volume spikes

Are these rules good?

All this I learned from you and your fellows MSTrader and Laura. It looks so easy with plenty of data on the right side of chart :o)))

On Friday I was not following markets so it goes to woulda/coulda/shoulda box :o(

Thank you
bielyplafon

Muddy
55 posts
msg #50551
Ignore Muddy
3/13/2007 7:23:58 AM

Looking back on the charts I'd say with WITM anywhere between 11:38 and 12:45(when it broke .90)would be an excellent entry.

I'd say on LJPC you nailed the exact entry point!

"Are these rules good?"

Excellent!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Squeeze 'em by the "BOLLs"<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.