StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Straken: Check out PCL into tonights earnings<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #87665
Ignore karennma
2/2/2010 11:38:10 AM

gmg733
- gmg733
modified 2/2/2010 10:34:51 AM
Karen,
I think you missed the point of the discussion. There was a large shift in PUTs and the premium was way high, so someone was selling PUTs.
====================================================================

Hmmmm ... I'm wondering ...
could it also be assumed that the premiums were high because of huge BUYING .... = law of supply and demand.
?????????
:>)

straken
469 posts
msg #87686
Ignore straken
2/2/2010 1:16:15 PM

karennma
- Ignore karennma
modified 2/2/2010 9:36:54 AM

I opened this issue up for discussion last week, but someone chose to insult me instead.
("Maybe you just dont have the mettle for options.")
What "mettle" has to do with options trading is beyond me! With options, either you're right or you're wrong.
It's a zero sum game. Has nothing to do with "mettle".
If you think you can determine the direction of a stock prior to earnings based on open interest and put/call volumes, then prove it!

SCROLL DOWN.
Scroll down

K,
I apologize if you think mettle is an insult, its just an observation

You asked for a method...I gave you one. A starting point not a "click and buy" by any means, and if you will read "all" of my comments you will see I told you that you need a scanner or a service which can tell you whether or not the volume of calls are STO or BTO and what percent to premium, IV vs its hist IV, and actual calculated value. Here is the thread.

I think you are missing the point entirely since the P/C ratio on QCOM went from .36 to 1.26 the day before earnings it would have disqualified itself from the scenario entirely. M4M also commented on the same thing Here about five hours later. Maybe he can explain it to you better than me.

Since this stock on the QTR formed a perfect head and shoulder, recently a 52wk high its earnings where already priced in and even great guidance could not have moved it very far. It did loose 12% the day before the increased call flow and many rushed to the MAR 40c @1.03

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #87690
Ignore karennma
2/2/2010 2:02:22 PM

straken
- straken 2/2/2010 1:16:15 PM
K,
if you will read "all" of my comments you will see I told you that you need a scanner or a service which can tell you whether or not the volume of calls are STO or BTO
============================================================================

S:
I believe you said you use Esignal Premier.
I just called Esignal to get that service, but the Svc. rep said he had no such feature on options showing how many are STO and BTO. At least, HE couldn't find it. But you may be more proficient on the software than he is.
LOL!
Can you please post a screenshot so we can see what it looks like?
Knowing #s# of STO/BTO would be an invaluable tool.
Thanks.
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #87693
Ignore karennma
2/2/2010 2:35:08 PM

I'm TRYING to understand this ...
Unfortunately, M4M has gone in and ERASED a lot of his posts!
I am so disappointed, as I really want to understand this.
:>(
I went to crimsonmind, and looked at the PC ratio on QCOM.
1/25/10 = 0.36
1/26/10 = 0.69
1/27/10 = 1.26

So, am I to assume that because the PC ratio went up so much on the 26th, that the stock was going to tank the next day?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #87694
Ignore karennma
modified
2/2/2010 2:40:37 PM

still studying.

straken
469 posts
msg #87695
Ignore straken
2/2/2010 2:44:20 PM

S:
I believe you said you use Esignal Premier.
I just called Esignal to get that service, but the Svc. rep said he had no such feature on options showing how many are STO and BTO. At least, HE couldn't find it. But you may be more proficient on the software than he is.
LOL! Yes i probably am being a trader and not a salesman

Premier is the charting and analysis package, for options you need the Advanced GET addon with Level 1 and 2. If you want another option join whatstrading.com. If the salesman doesn't understand the features of Adv Get ask for a manager.

straken
469 posts
msg #87696
Ignore straken
2/2/2010 2:45:40 PM

So, am I to assume that because the PC ratio went up so much on the 26th, that the stock was going to tank the next day?

I think now you are getting it!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #87697
Ignore karennma
modified
2/2/2010 3:02:34 PM

Options Scanner ...
From CrimsonMind ..
These have already gone up significantly.

Calls

edit:
Wrong list!
I think you have to "register" to get the updated list, which is MUCH longer.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #87717
Ignore Eman93
2/2/2010 10:48:07 PM

They have some of the info here.... I think if you join you may get more scanning tools.

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/marketcenters/optionscenter/

straken
469 posts
msg #87720
Ignore straken
modified
2/2/2010 11:09:20 PM

Feb 2
100 GS STC @ 4.80 out
50 PC STC FCX @ 4.25 holding 50
30 PC STC POT @ 6.30 holding 20
30 PC STC IOC @ 5.20 holding 70
BTO 50 MA FEB 260c @ 6.50

3:25 pm
STC 50PC IOC @ 5.30 holding 20
STC 50 PC FCX @4.65 out
STC 20 PC POT @ 7.00 out

Watch the following tomorrow

X
RTP
CME
PKX

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Straken: Check out PCL into tonights earnings<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.